2-Voices

I can hear voices. Not the type of one's telling to do bad things but, voices no less. They're not my thoughts, it's not my voice. It sounds completely insane. Just another thing I couldn't tell my mom, or even Jake. No one would understand. I don't even understand! I think they're people's thoughts, and that sounds worse... One of the voices... talked back. She said her name was Cara and she promised I wasn't crazy.

I was sitting in math class, working on some equation. The teacher droned on about something irrelevant.

"Chloe. Talk to me"  Cara begged.

"What?" I whispered.

"So she answers! Finally, you were driving me crazy," she joked.

"You're going crazy!!" I said louder on accident. No one noticed.

"Chole, I told you already. You're not crazy. I can prove it to you," she said.  I sighed

"Later Cara... Later," I said quietly. 

"Chole... "

"Leave me alone!" I shouted. The whole class looked at me, the teacher looked angry.

"Excuse you miss??" My teacher called attention to me. I had to think of something and fast!

"Sorry sir. My mom called," I lied. He looked at me strangely.

"Be nicer to your mother," he said then smile. I took a breath.

"Yes sir," I agreed.

~~After school~~

I walked out of school my back pack only on on of my shoulders. I was ready to go home. I chose not to take the bus home, it took longer than walking. I starting walking off school property when I saw Jake run along side of me.

"Hey Chloe," he said catching up to me. I slowed down.

"Hey," I replied. His hair was looking better than it did this morning and I noticed what he was wearing. I never really paid attention, but he was wearing something different.

"What's up?" He asked confused by my face.

"You're wearing pink?" I pointed out. He opened up his black leather jacket more to expose his pink shirt.

"Yeah..." he said smirking a little.

"You never wear anything girly," I quoted him. He put his hands in his jean pockets and waddled a bit.

"That was last year," he argued. I just smiled at him and we continued to walk. There was a moment of silence.
"What's wrong with pink?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just noticed," I said. He nodded.

"Cause I was about to say... Your favorite color is pink. Right...?" He asked. I laughed.

"It is," I said.

"Good," he said. He kept smiling at me. Before we both knew it, I was home.

"Ah. I'll see you tomorrow Jake. Keep rocking the pink. It looks good on you," I said walking inside before he could say anything else. He knocked on the door. I shook my head and opened it. He had his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Hey. Do you think I can come pick got up tomorrow morning? I mean so we can walk to school. Or the bus stop," he hesitated to say.

"Sure," I smiled.

"Cool. Cool. I'll see you tomorrow," he smiled

"Yep, goodnight," I said starting to close the door.