17-Sunrise

Rain fell outside and made a calm rhythm on the tent. Jake slept soundly wrapped around me for warmth. I laid awake listening to the breeze and Jake's soft snore. All of these small comforts weren't enough to patch my anxious feelings. It felt as if, at any moment, agents would be here soon. I waited for them, for the rain to stop, for tge sun to rise, for the bracelet to clamp back down on my wrist and never come off. I was waiting for... something. Jake took in a deeper breath as he startes to wake. He sleepily looked to me and smile.

"Good morning," he said sweetly and hugged on a little tighter. "You seem tense. Is everything okay?" He asked.

"I'm scared Jake." Jake sat up.

"What are you scared of?" He asked holding both of my hands.

"That we're gonna get caught," I replied.

"Chloe... Its okay to be scared. Its great actually."

"Wait. Why?" I asked.

"Fear is what keeps you ready... And if you're ready, you're safe." He explained.

"Ready for what?"

"For anything. I highly, almost 100% doubt anyone is going to find us. But if they did, we would be prepared." Jake tried his hardest to make me feel better. A small bit of my worry vanished but the rest remained deep down and made my stomach hurt. Jake leaned in to kiss me. He was sweet and I was stupid. I think I loved him.

"You hear that?" Jake asked. I listened closely.

"No?" I responded still trying to listen.

"Exactly. The rain stopped." Jake smiled and went for the tent zipper. He quickly opened up the flap and clean cool air flooded the tent. The smell of pine and fresh rain was present. He walked out into the woods, it was still dark and very few birds chirped. I followed him out seeing a faint yellow in the distance. Jake grabbed my hand and pulled me up onto a hill. My feet were soaked from the grass but I didnt care. On top of the hill was a clear view of the sky. Far behind us was a dark sky with little white dits fors stars. Straight ahead of us the the rising sun. As it lifted into view; the outside surroundings glowed golden, water droplets on the grass gleamed, and the warmth of the light fell upon us. It was so peacful yet empowering. Jake and I had escaped and this was our reward... Complete freedom.

Jake and I spent the rest of tye day setting up camp. We made a small shaded area to build a fire. The tent was our shelter and we didn't need much else. A couole blankets maybe but we had food and water figured out. Jake had also brought his technology. His newest creation would allow me to use my powers and stay under the radar. Suplies in that department were lacking but Jake was smart. He had told one person our location, that person would drop off supplies once a month.

"Come check out the water!" Jake called from down the hill. I came running and ran myself right into the freezing cold water.

"Cold!" I screeched. Jake laughed and splashed me.

"Oh! Now you did it!" I splashed at Jake initiating war. Water flew into the air and into each others faces.
CRUNCH! We both fell silent. I froze and looked to Jake for a plan. Jake slowly started to keave the lake careful of making noise. I felt exposed out in the open especially in freezing cold water, I was unprotected and unprepared. Jake made it to shore.
CRUNCH! Jake got low quickly and as did I but in the water. Little fush swam around me and made me even more jumpy. Then I saw it. It walked forward and looked down at Jake a stopped dead. A mighty stag had come to the lake. The deer was incertain with Jake sitting there. Jake slowly reached behind himself and grabbed some leaves and held it out to the deer.

"Please don't eat me Me. Deer," Jake said. I chuckled a little and remained still. The deer ruled out Jake being a threat continues to the kake where I stood. It came to the edge and looked back into the woods. Behind the big buck was a couple females and babies. The babies bounced all around and crashed into the water. They splashed themselves and even me in the process. Jake and I laughed at the crazy occurrence. Slowly but surely the deer wandered off back into the woods. I finally came out of the water and my whole body neck down was pruney. The feeling made me uneasy but we continued back to camp and made a fire.

"I love this." I said. I sat next to the fire warming up while Jake poked at the fire.

"I do too." He said smirking in between pokes.

"How long do you think we'll be here?" I asked.  Jake stopped for a moment.

"I don't know Chloe... Until things get better." He answered. I wanted to argue or even ask more questions because they were on my mind. I remained silent, neither one of us knew the future and there was no rush. I missed John and them though. A large part of me belived that they should be here with us.

"What about the others?" I asked.

"They aren't americas most wanted. As long as we're missing they will be safe."

"You're right." I agreed. I still wanted them here... I would come back for them one day.