11- Trip

My heart dropped in my chest.

"What...?" I asked, my chest suddenly felt heavy. Stephen sighed.

"I didn't want to tell you that.." he started.

"But she needed to know," John cut in. As sick as I felt, I nodded.

"At least she's safe now..." I added. The room had grown quiet. "I feel like being alone..." then I walked off.

"Training tomorrow!" John called after me. I nodded and teleported out.

I appeared back in my school. The lights were still on... there must have been some after-school activity... I walked around for a bit, a sign on the wall read parent teacher conferences'.
That would explain the lights. I hurried over to my locker, opening it quickly. I grabbed out a left over shirt and jacket and closed my locker.

"Chloe?" Jake called. I spun around and saw him.

"Thank god," I said under my breath. I went up to him and hugged him.

"Where have you been? What happened to your arm?" He questioned. I looked around quickly.

"Not here... do you trust me?" I asked.

"Yes, I trust you," he answered. I grabbed him by the hand and pulled him into the janitors closet. Jake looked surprised.

"Do you remember me telling you about me sleep walking?" I asked in a whisper.

"Yeah...?" He whispered back.

"Well... I wasn't sleep walking... I was teleporting," I confessed. Jake laughed.

"Don't believe me? Take my hand," I extended my hand to Jake. Jake looked at my hand and finally took it.

We teleported up to the schools roof. Jake let go of my hand and went to the edge of the roof.

"Chloe... how... why... how?" Jake said his whole world crashing down on him.

"I'm being hunted... I've been with other people like me... my mom is siding with the people like me, they're trying to take me away from school, my life, and they're trying to take my powers," I explained.

"Who's hunting you?" He asked still dazed.

"My parents..." I answered. He turned to me and walked away from the edge.

"Well what are you gonna do?" He asked.

"I'm gonna stay hidden with the others and hopefully find our sanctuary," I said.

"Where?" He asked.

"I can't tell you... it's too dangerous," I said.

"Then why did you come back?" He asked. I looked down and sighed.

"You..." I confessed. He looked surprised and walked up to me. I looked up to be caught in his eyes. Time slowed, our eyes locked together glancing at each others lips until they touched each other. When the moment ended I felt light.

"Take me with you," Jake pleaded. I backed away.

"You don't want that.." I shook my head at him. He nodded.

"I want to be with you," he said. I fought a smile.

"But you don't understand... Once you leave here, you can't see your parents ever again and you yourself will be hunted..." I explained. Jake nodded.

"Yes, anything. Take me with you," he pleaded again. I shook my head.

"No," I responded. Jake began to tear up.