8-Jed?

They pulled the bags off our heads. We weren't tied up or in chains... Just sitting in 'Jed's' office. I wanted my mom to explain to me why she knew his name.... Why he knew hers, her real name... He walked in and sat on the other side of his desk.

"Margret... Its been what? 15 years?" He started, his voice cracked a bit.

"Jed..." My mom said.

"I looked for you, but poof, gone. You just left, why?" He said softly.

"You know why!" My mom said, getting angry.

"Woah! What's going on here... Who is this mom? I asked, just wanting answers. Jed shot my mother a look.

"Margret...?" He said slowly. My mom nodded and Jed's face changed completely...

"Mom?" I said, tears welling up.
Jed and my mother jumped up and hugged each other! I sat up slowly, them both looking toward me. I shook my head.
"No, no, no..." I said to myself before I tried teleporting. It didn't work... I was stuck...

"What the hell??" I shouted.

"Chloe!" My mother snapped.

"You mean to tell me, the guy who was hunting us is my..." I couldn't even conjure the word, I hadn't ever said those words together. My mother didn't even flinch. She had those eyes that were dazed. Had she fallen in love with the enemy??

"Chloe... I know we had our differences in the past, but I really want us to push past them into a new," Jed said and he seemed serious!

"Our past was yesterday, and our differences were you trying to kill me!" I shouted. My mother turned to Jed.

"That shot would have never killed you, it would have hurt but you'd live. But, hey. We're not gonna worry about that," he reassured. Then I saw him feel for my mom's hand... I turned away. I can't believe this!!!

~~That night~~
My mom greeted him as if they had never stopped loving each other. Eww! I stayed in the spare room, the was bed decent, the house was so beautiful...But I couldn't do it anymore! I slowly got up and went towards the window, opening it slightly. I looked down to the ground that didn't seem too far away. I eye balled the jumped one more time before crawling out of the window, then, I jumped! I hit the grass crash landing! My wrist snapped as I hit the ground. The sound causing me to gag! I held my wrist and got away from the house that prevented me from teleporting. I ran up a hill and got far from the house. Then I teleported to the subway station.

John met me in the train.

"What happened to you?? We've been trying to contact you! We thought they got you..." He said.

"John, they did... My mom..." I started.

"Tell me in a minute, we gotta get that wrist fixed" he said teleporting us to their lair.

John took me into a room with this other guy.

"This is Steven, and this is Chloe" John introduced. Then John left the room.
"Hi Chloe," he said then saw my wrist. "What happened to you??" He questioned. I questioned whether or not I should tell him the truth. "I can read thoughts Chloe, and I'd prefer you'd just tell me the truth. We're in this together right?" He said. I nodded.

"This douche bag named Jed took off with my mom. I escaped his house jumping through the window," I said. He looked at me funny.

"But... wait, what??" He read my mind again. He came closer to me.

"He's my uncle..." he said. My eyes widened.

"Holy crap, dude. I guess we're cousin..." I said.

"Yeah. No kidding," he said.

"Don't tell anyone please. I don't even wanna-" I started.

"No, I get it. I work for him. And that's why it's dangerous for either one of us to be here," he said coming to a realization.  He looked at me.

"No... no... I can't," I said feeling tears well up.  John came back in.

"What's going on?" He asked. I quickly looked to Steven, he nodded.

"John, I have to leave..." I started.

"Wait why??" He asked concerned looking over to Steven.

" Jedidiah is her father," Steven said. John looked at me with the saddest eyes I'd ever seen... He knew something...