9-Plans

"What's that look for?" I asked. I couldn't help but seem rude. John shook it off but I couldn't let it go... he knew something.

"Steven's right... The man will be looking for you. We.." he said hesitantly.

"No. I get it... But what do I do about this wrist," I said trying not to look down.

"We'll get you to a hospital. You tell them you fell off your bike or something. When your parents-"

"Don't call them that." I shuddered.

"When, they, find you just say you tried to escape out the window. Which you did, but never mention you were with us." John corrected. I nodded slowly, the plan formulating in my head.

"Alright, let's do this," I said. John nodded and put his hand on my shoulder. The next thing I knew I was standing in front of metro general hospital. It was dark and cold. I held my wrist and kept my eyes forward. A nurse wheeling a wheelchair saw my wrist and quickly attended my needs.

"What happened?! She questioned guiding me through the hospital.

"Ah. I fell off my bike," I said nearly forgetting my lie. She nodded and pulled me away. I looked back into the darkness. I wanted freedom.

A couple doctors put my arm back into place and put me into a sling. The nurses wouldn't let me leave with out a parent. No number existed...I had no parent to contact. But while they tried, I sat in a chair behind an attendant's desk. A woman then proceeded to go though dead end numbers, it was only a matter of time before a call would be placed to cps. I looked down at my arm. Then a voice I was waiting to here sounded.

"Excuse me miss, I'm here to pick up my daughter," Jed's voice said. I choked on his word choice. The nurse happily turned to tell me the good news.

"Your father is here," I choked again. I stood up from the chair, my knees wobbled as I walked. A piece of me wanted to scream that I didn't know that man, that he wasn't my father. But then I'd be lying. Or would I be? He started walking me outside.

"Your mother and I were worried sick," he said and I looked up at him.

"Bullshit," I said. He looked shocked.

"Excuse me?!" He exclaimed.

"You herd me," I said. He pulled me a side near the entrance.

"Your mother has spent the last hour crying. She nearly teleported out to go find you! If they know what she is, we'll all be in trouble. For your mothers sake just don't!" He said starting to walk away then came back.
"A bike accident?? Ultra already knows what you are... I can't believe how reckless you were. Do you even care about your mom?" He was so distraught.

"I wasn't thinking," I said.

"Oh great. You weren't thinking? Well think about this, people like you don't just lose their powers in that room," he said.

"Wait. That's what that shot was for??" I questioned.

"Well duh. We're not murderers," he said.

"How the hell was I supposed to know that?!" I questioned.

"We're not having this conversation here," he said walking away.

"What if I don't come with you," I pushed.

"Then.. you'll die or worse," he stopped in tracks.

"What's worse than death?" I asked.

"A lot of things," he replied.

"Like living with you?" I added.

"Yes. Much worse," my heart sunk in my chest a little. "Now let's go," he said. I took a moment but moved in his direction. We walked to his car and I felt hopeless. I imagined ultra was his company of not murderers, and they know about me. Unfortunately. I will admit that I've made mistakes....

When we pulled up my mother looked to be having a heart attack. As soon as she saw me she burst into tears. I had never seen her like this before. I've never seen her cry... she hugged me and squeezed my arm a little too much.

"Oww," I said unintentionally, it just slipped. When Jed came in she focused her attention toward him.

"I found her at the hospital. Seems she broke her arm falling from the window and went straight there. Told them it was a bike accident" he explained. She nodded. I felt betrayed.

Jed sealed up my windows and completely locked me in my new room. I usually slept on my stomach... I was gonna have to sleep on my back now.. I laid down in a strangers bed. It was stiff and I felt odd. I just stared at the ceiling. My jacket hugged around me as I laid on top of the sheets. This wasn't home. This was a nightmare I wished to wake up from. I couldn't, not this time. Suddenly I missed waking up in alley ways...