15- Powers

I woke up in Jed's house. I was laying in a bed. I should have been relieved but I had this sickening feeling that loomed over me. Tears rolled down my cheeks and before I knew it, I was sobbing into my pillow. I heard the door open and I immediately stopped making noise.
"Chloe? Are you okay," my mother asked. I couldn't speak. I opened my mouth and nothing came out. I laid in silence still shaking from the cry. The door closed and I heard her leave. I lifted my face from my pillow. Drool and snot were on it. I wipped my face on the blanket. A black band with a glowing blue light was wrapped around my wrist. I swore under my breath! They couldn't have just let me go... I would have left, got the hell out of here. Hopefully had convinced the others to come with me... The dream that my mom and Jed had was sickening feeling I had. Their toxic relationship made me hate them. It was as if I didn't exist as a child in their eyes, I was a possesion, that I could be toyed with. They didn't need to tell me what their plan was with me. I knew what was coming next and I wasn't going to fall prey to it.

I sat in my desk at school. Many eyes made a glance in my direction throughout the entire class. The teachers didn't ask, mainly under direction not to. I felt like I was being watched and not just by my classmates. Ultra no doubt had eyes on me, even from the inside. Class ended and I walked to my locker. I stuffed a few things and closed it.
"Pst. Chloe" Someone whispered. I looked and saw Jake hanging out of the janitor's closet. I looked around quickly and weng to him. He pulled me inside and shut the door. I immediately hugged Jake. His arms felt safe...
"Oh my god, Chloe, are you okay?" He questioned looking me into my soul. I melted.
"Jake! It's awful... I'm being held captive by my own parents!" I cried.

"Run away with me!"

"No. It's too dangerous... I'm involved in something that could get people killed and I can't lose you..." I hugged him tighter.

"Chloe... Ever since you left I've been doing research..."

"What kind of research?" I asked.
"Don't be mad," he said.

"Damn it Jake! You know when you say that I get mad!"

"I know, I know. I just need to know you won't hate me when I tell you..."
Jake looked down and I felt nervous. "Im working for Ultra." Jake confessed. For a moment I didn't know how to respond.

"Jake... You know they are the ones hurting me?..."

"Yes. I knew. Thats why I got a job there. It was your mother that heloed me get the job..."

"She knows I like you..." I said to myself but he heard it. He pulled me in closer and kissed me like I had never been kissed before.

"We can do it. Together." Jake said. I was filled with this feeling of happiness and love that I couldn't speak. "We can run away. I work on the technology there... I can make you disappear from radar" I was in shock.

"You can do that...?"

"Yes. But it'll take time."

"What about my friends. Can you do it for them too?" I questioned. The class bell rang.

"Chloe... I'm not sure," I nodded.

"I have to go" I said hurrying to the door.

"Wait." He called after me. Jake hugged me one last time. "Meet me here at lunch" he wispered. I nodded and ran to class.

~lunch~

I made my way back to the jainitors closet, careful of prying eyes. I opened the door and there was Jake standing there waiting for me. He was wearing a red sweat shirt that was a little too big on him. Something about it made me like it... Him.

"There you are," he said, his smile was so big. I smiled too. He came close again, I looked up at him with that goofy smile.

"Kiss me already" I taunted. And he did. Again and again.

"I want to go with you," I said inbetween kisses. Jake stopped.

"I should have a plan by next week," Jake said starting to leave. Wait, I thought. Dont go.

"Jake..." I called after him but he was gone.