2 Expectations

The two sisters flew fast through the Hallelujah Mountains chasing after one another, bumping each others Ikrans every chance they got

Solaris & Menaou'e were two of the most beautiful women in the clan, but what made their auras the most alluring was their contagious smiles.

The two couldn't keep their laughter in as they continued their chicken fight through the air before their inner children were disrupted by their intercoms;
"My girls, I need you back home. Menaou'e has duties & Solaris, i need to speak with you." Arvok announced before the two shared annoyed looks.

They both knew that the 'duties' consisted of preparing for the next hunt in a couple days, & no, not just any hunt. This wasn't for the hunters of the clan, it was for the warriors. At least twice a month, the sky people had been trying to expand their work into the Navi's territory since they arrived again last year. The key word is; 'Try'.

Menaou'e & Solaris were the the best warriors in the clan for their age. Whether it was in their genes, or the training Arvok made Menaou'e go through. The older sister had always secretly taught her little sister all that she knows in their younger youth days.
But despite their talent, Arvok never wanted Solaris to become the warrior she believed she was destined to be. What confused everyone the most was how Arvok could never give the girl a straight answer, after all, you'd expect the uncle to understand.

The girls made their Ikrans bank left to begin returning home, 'Last one there is a rotten egg' was all Solaris said before speeding off in front of her older sister.

"you had a head start, that's unfair!"

"Oel ngati kameie" the sisters greeted their uncle in unison as they walked into their tent.
"ah my girls," Arvok turned to them stopping what he was doing to greet them, "how was your flight? didn't get into any mischief i hope" he joked.
"nah, did absolutely annihilate mena in the race home though." Solaris stated before sticking her tongue out at the older sister,
"Skxawng, it was an unfair race!" she lightly chuckled before elbowing her younger sibling playfully, "anyways, what did you need me to do for prep?" Mena asked whilst setting her lonar head piece on the table in front of her.
"Go find Teärney, he's getting the gear ready for everyone" Menaou'e simply nodded before giving her sister a look of 'good luck' before exiting the hut.

"And what about me? I can make sure the ikran have their-" Solaris was cut off before she could finish her sentence,
"No, sit." Arvok sat on the carpet & patted the spot next to him, while she made herself comfortable, he continued; "You will not be joining the hunt tomorrow."
Solaris instantly became filled with frustration,
"you cannot be serious uncle, the last hunt went so well, i single-handedly shot-" one again, the girl was cut off, this only made her more frustrated.
"you are not meant to be on the battlefield, you are too young."

"I turn of age in three days, plus, Mena started fighting when she was even younger than me!" She defended,
"i don't want to hear-" this time, Arvok was cut off.
"I am of warrior blood i was born to fight." The young Na'vi stood up with pride.
"Enough! You will not fight & that is final. I don't want to hear any more of your whining now go, cool off before eclipse, then we will discuss what your agenda tomorrow will look like." He ran his hand down his face in frustration, "You are second born, you fight for the clan only when necessary, you must choose a pathway of more convenience because this," he grabs her bow from her hands, "is not what you were born to do."

Conversations like this made Solaris' blood boil, she didn't care how many people told her otherwise, she wanted to be like her sister, like her father. She wanted to be known by all of Pandora; Solaris, the greatest warrior to ever live.

She stared at Arvok as he finished his lecture & stormed out of her hut to which we she was then met by Menaou'e. She knew in that moment that Mena never left in the first place.

Menaou'e understood where Arvoks traditions & opinions lied & respected them in every way that she could, but watching her little sister flourish into her true potential was far more rewarding.
So, despite Arvoks statements, she continued to help her sister fulfil her dreams, no matter how difficult they seemed.

"Let's go," The eldest chucked her arm around her sisters shoulders as they started to slowly make their way through their clans camp, "i'm sorry he's so hard on you, we all know you're a better archer than me." she smiled lightly at her to try and lighten the mood.

"I just don't get it, he treats me like i'm going to be future tsahìk or something," she paused, "but even then, Neytiri still fights" Solaris sighed in frustration.
"i just can't win, he says i need to choose a pathway 'of more convenience.'"

"Well we are pretty scarse on fruit pickers" Mena teased, Solaris rolled her eyes in response; "shut up Mena" she laughed lightly.

"I really am sorry though, Sol. I know it could be frustrating for you but i know he'll come around one day, & hey, at least you don't 'have duties to tend to'" she mimicked Tarsem causing a small snicker out of her younger sister.

The two unraveled from each other, "yeah yeah, i'm gonna go find the crew." Solaris stated.
"Say Hi to Neteyam for me." Mena teased earning a quiet 'fuck off' & a cheeky grin from Solaris.