6 The Hunt

Solaris watched the war party fly out of the cave with the rest of the clan & as the last ikran flew out, she bolted for her tent

Solaris watched the war party fly out of the cave with the rest of the clan & as the last ikran flew out, she bolted for her tent. Sol quickly gathered her gear, throwing her bow over her shoulder & taking one last admirable glance at the lonar Neteyam had gifted her. She smiled softly as she put the piece on her forehead, she snuck out through the side entrance of the floating cave & called her Ikran, Azra. The blue mountain banshee came to her side within seconds allowing Solaris to link herself & jump on,

'fly'

Solaris could still see the hunting party ahead of her, she didn't want to jeopardise her attempt too soon so she got Azra to fly higher, above the clouds to follow the clan, to strike at the perfect given time.
After a moments later, Solaris was in the perfect position, flying directly above to war party.
As if on time, she watched Jake signal to the ground team to blow the train off its course..
Havoc was released.

The track exploded causing the train to collide into the ground at a ridiculous speed, the three assault ships turned around on their course preparing for battle.
It was time.
She noticed Jake & Neytiri going in for the attack, so she swooped down to the lonesome ship on the left. As Jake & neytiri take down their seperate targets,
the olo'eyktan turns to the commotion next to him, seeing Solaris aim & release her arrow directly at the shooter, landing straight into his heart. She instructs her banshee to swoop under and over the aircraft causing her Ikran to fly upside down, she arches her back aiming to the pilot, landing her arrow right in his face.
The aircraft crashes down as jake flies his Ikran to hers,
"Impressive, kid." He approvingly nods, "Go with Neytiri, i'm heading down." Solaris internalises her screams of joy as the adrenaline continues to pump through her veins.

"Eywa has given you a gift my girl." She turns to face Neytiri, the older Na'vi had a large grin on her face. After Solaris thanked the woman, the two circled down to sight doing as instructed.

Solaris had grabbed as much of the stolen gear as she could before jumping back on Azra. As she circled the sight she searched for her two friends in the air, knowing full well that Jake had put them on look out duty to begin with, & yet, she couldn't seem to spot them or their Ikrans anywhere. Her eyes scoured the crash sight where they were hauling the goods & noticed the two boys handling one of the guns, 'Skxwangs' she thought to herself.

Before she could do anything about the two Na'vi's whereabouts, another member of the clan hollered out, alerting the group of the inbound gun ships.
Everyone was quick to evacuate the sight but clearly some, not quick enough. Everything happened so fast; one minute the ship has fired it's missiles at the crash sight then the next, she notices her older sister, Menaou'e, shoot the weaponised ship down with one of the stolen launchers on her Pa'li.

For the love of Eywa, make sure my friends are okay.

Eventually, the war party arrives back to the camp where the clan greets the warriors. Solaris had flown in next to the Sully's, she wanted to make sure Neteyam was alright but figured she should wait until after Mr Sully gives the boys their ass whooping, in the mean time, she decided to find her family so she could too, receive a lecture from her fatherly figure.

She jumped off her Azra, greeting spider as he helped her with the excess goods her Ikran held from the raid. She locked eyes with Neteyam briefly before he shamefully lowered his to the ground in front of his father.
"are you all good with this stuff?" she turned back to Spider, "i need to go get my own personal ass beating from Arvok" Spider lightly laughed before responding,
"yeah, good luck Sol, praying you come back in one piece."

As she walked passed the sully's she gave a reassuring smile to Loak before proceeding towards her sister.
Menaou'e jumped off her Ikran, "you have one minute before Arvok grounds you for life" she embraced her little sister into a side hug, "i'm proud of you."
Menaou'e was completely unaware of how much those words meant to Solaris, Mena's opinion was the only one that truly mattered to Sol.

"He can't ground me forever, i'm of age in two days, i'll just run away." Solaris joked to keep the mood lighthearted.

"Solaris te Rongloa Ateyitan." Arvok landed his Ikran,
"uh oh, you really are about to be grounded for life sis, good luck."  Mena said referring to the use of her full name, she quickly grabbed her belongings, leaving the two to converse.

"Solaris, i am extremely disappointed in you. You disobey direct orders, anything could have happened to you, to the clan. You show no responsibility and only bring shame to this family."

Solaris scoffed, refusing to allow the tears welling in her eyes to fall,
"Did you forget the part where I, once again, shot down a ship singlehandedly? i took the initiative Uncle, i disobeyed YOUR orders but not the Olo'eyktans. I fought for our people just like my father would've." Solaris barked back,

"If your dad was here-" Arvok was instantly shut down,
"But he's not! He's gone & He's not coming back." She lowered her voice, realising she was gaining looks from passer-by's "I'm never going to stop Uncle, you always tell me stories of my father, you know better than anyone that he would've done the exact same thing."

Arvok knew she was right, he wanted to give in & tell her she was correct, that she's always been correct. But he didn't, his stubbornness took the wheel & reminded him of the ancestral traditions that had run in the clan for centuries before the great war. Nonetheless, Arvok was quite defeated from the hunt & the back & forth arguments with his teenage niece.

"Go help Tsahik & your friends with the wounded." Solaris stood there with no feelings other than pure confusion & defeat, "so i'm not grounded?" was all she got out as Arvok turned to his Ikran, grabbing his gear,
"Go, before i change my mind." He didn't look at her, instead the girl quickly walked off to the wounded tent, still in shock of the interaction she just had.

He's never just given in like that?

—