4 The night before

After Eclipse had fallen upon Pandora, Solaris had gone back to her tent to ultimately just zone out as her uncle gave her a list of things she must do before the war party arrives back home

She knew that after tomorrow she would be in deep shit with her fatherly figure, but she didn't mind the foolish sacrifice. She wanted to prove to him that not only is she a brilliant warrior-in-the-making but also that no soul in the galaxy could prevent her from doing what it is she is destined for.

A while later, after the family of three's dinner, Arvok had excused himself to see some friends & most likely talk about tomorrows hunt. Solaris finally had a chance to devise a plan with her sister.
"Alright tell me everything."
"You're going to be grounded for life you know that right?" Mena said shaking her head playfully.

she knew Solaris didn't care, she admired that. Menaou'e knew that Sol's determination could either create destruction or wonders. She understood that no matter what anyone says to her younger sister, the doubt only drives her to prove everyone wrong. Menaou'e would much rather support her sibling to make sure she makes her reckless decisions more safely & help turn her drive into leadership, rather than turning her back and letting her sister destroy herself or others.

"yeah yeah, but Neytiri has told me that a true warrior always fights, no matter the cause." Sol said with her chest up high,
"you are so stubborn" Menaou'e snorts back with a cheesy grin, "just remember, you heard none of this from me."
"Yes mena, we go over this every time." she pauses before sarcastically reenacting phrases she's said in the past, "i eavesdropped on the older Na'vi not Mena. Why would Mena tell me, she never tells me anything. blah blah blah."

After Menaou'e gave her younger sister the run down of tomorrows plan & devised a strategy to get Sol in there when it's too late for Arvok to say anything; The two called it a night, jumping into their hammocks which hung only inches away from each other. A while after the fatherly figure made his way back to the tent before quietly giving his girls a goodnight kiss on the foreheads. Mena was fast asleep but Sol on the other hand laid their as if playing dead while she waited for arvok to jump into a hammock of his own. Once she heard him settle, the girl laid, staring at the tarp ceiling with thoughts spiralling her mind.

Sol felt guilty of course, she obviously hated going behind her uncles back almost all the time but she couldn't help it really. She refused to accept a mediocre life, well in fact, she would refuse any life that isn't a warriors path in specific. She just prayed that Arvok would understand that she's not her mother, how could she be like someone she's never met? She hated the old stereotypes too, how only first born women could be warriors, that women are meant to be healers or, well, anything other than a fighter. It made no sense to her & despite the clan being far more accepting & understanding, Arvok was far too stuck in his ways.

She internally groaned at the entire situation before she began to think of Neteyam.

She was pretty devastated that she didn't get to see her best friend today, she wondered how his day was, how his hunt went & what he ate for lunch. She loved listening to him talk, about anything really, it felt like an eternity since she had seen him but realistically it had just been one day. He had obligations as the next Olo'eyktan to learn, to teach & to train more than ever, so every now & then their indivisible attachment to each other has to halt while he trains to become a leader.

Solaris started thinking about his features, reminiscing as if they had been separated for centuries.
Then suddenly, there it was. Her heart skipped a beat before it sped up entirely. She was extremely unfamiliar with this feeling but little did she know, the boy laid in his own hammock, with a hand resting behind his head with a heart going a million miles per her while he dreamt about his best friend too.

 She was extremely unfamiliar with this feeling but little did she know, the boy laid in his own hammock, with a hand resting behind his head with a heart going a million miles per her while he dreamt about his best friend too