8 home

Solaris took Neteyam's hands leading him as they ran towards their ikrans

Solaris took Neteyam's hands leading him as they ran towards their ikrans. Wasting no time at all, they jumped on their separate banshees allowing them to fly out of the gaping hole that separated Pandora from the clans home.

The young girl hollered out excitedly before the boy did the same, the two ikrans flew onwards through the hallelujah mountains while the two Na'vi's shared a knowing look alongside two cheeky smiles. As if they had read one another's minds they said to eachother,
"Race you there!"

The two teenagers never had to discuss 'where they were going' because no matter what, they always ended up at the same spot they've always gone to ever since they did their Iknimaya rite of passage.

As they raced from their village to their secret spot, the Ikrans crossed through the floating mountains, weaving amongst the dangling, thick vines & the waterfalls that looked as though they have no end. They laughed hysterically all the way as the dopamine flooded their bodies.

Home has never been a 'place' for the Omatikaya people; The great war proved that.

Home was in the people. In Eywa.
& in Neteyam & Solaris' case, each other.
Sure, they had their own guardians along with their seperate siblings whom they both love oh-so-much, but existing had never felt better than when the two were together.

After some time, the teens jumped off of their banshees, still catching their breath from their laughter.
"you should've seen your face!" Neteyam's laugh heightened again thinking of the memory,
"Piss off skxawng, so wasn't funny!" Solaris laughed out as she lightly hit Neteyam on the shoulder.

The two eventually settled as a comfortable silence took over the atmosphere whilst they wandered a bit further into the floating forest they landed on. They hopped over roots, ducked under large leaves & made their way into a small dark cave before they halted at the entrance of a beautiful hidden cove, six years they have been coming here & yet every single time, it still felt like the first. The cove was magical, the flora & fauna found inside made their very existence feel like a dream.

"Never gets old huh?" Solaris just stared out into the enormous cove in front of them,
"It's as beautiful as the first day i seen it." Neteyam responded, but Neteyam had never actually taken his eyes off Sol.
He had memorised the cove like the back of his hand. & Yeah, sure, he knew it was a sight to behold but, her? gosh, nothing could ever compare to her.

He was brought out of his gaze as she quickly ran forwards towards the water that lit up from the bioluminescence, "hurry up Tey!" She smiled back at him with a big toothy grin. The boy wasted no time at all, dashing to the girl who stopped by the water to take off her important accessories, Neteyam did the same.

Solaris reached for her Lonar head piece & smiled lightly, "You know, this is by far my most favourite gift i have ever received."
The boy returned the smile, "I'm glad you like it Sol."
"Like it? Are you kidding me? Neteyam, I love it." Neteyam laughed at the girl's defensive tone,
"alright, alright. I'm so glad you love it Sol. Now can we please go for a swim?"
Solaris responds by grabbing his hand, allowing the two to jump into the glowing water.

The two embraced the present moment with eachother as the swam & splashed around the water,
happiness felt simple, despite the hardships they faced.

-
After some time of the two embracing their inner children, they laid together on the cushioned grass by the water, both looking up at the stars that peaked through the caves opening above. Neteyam had his arms resting behind his head as Solaris played with her braids,

"So are you going to tell me what happened with you and your uncle?"
Solaris sighed before responding, "I don't know, it was weird. Usually him and I argue until the moons comes out but this time he just ushered me off." She turned to face the boy who was already looking at her, "I couldn't read him, i can't tell if he hates me or if he finally sees me."

"Arvok could never hate you, Sol. You can tell he just worries about you. I mean, yeah, Mena is a great warrior but everyone's said it, mum, dad, Grandmother; you really are your fathers daughter. He'll come around, i'm sure." He gave her a reassuring grin and placed a hand on hers. Solaris looked at the boy with admiration, those words were exactly what she needed to hear.

"Are you excited?" Neteyam asks the girl as he props up on his elbows,
"for what?" a look of confusion washes through her eyebrows,
"your ceremony, obviously. You're going to be of age soon, isn't that exciting?" Solaris thought for a moment, thinking of an answer. Truth was, she wasn't sure. She never really understood the whole importance of it all, of course she knew it was a blessing to finally have her second birth to the clan but she knew that after her birthday, she would need to make a decision for her pathway. Whether she continues the warrior path or a 'more convenient' route to make her uncle content.

"Were you excited?" She questioned, the male Na'vi was slightly taken back before answering,
"I mean, of course. Closer to becoming leader like my father wants." Solaris shook her head lightly at his response,
"But is that what you want? Don't you get tired of these predetermined rules we have to follow?" Neteyam looked at the girl as if trying to read her mind or memorise the way she glowed when she spoke so passionately.
"I've never really thought about it." He looked back up to the sky, "this is all we've known, i've got a home & a clan. I've got you," he paused briefly, "& all our friends..i'm happy."
Solaris simply nodded slowly as her body relaxed into the grass once more.
"I am too," she sighed quietly, "but sometimes i feel so homesick for a place i don't even know." She turned to Neteyam, "I can't explain it, it's as if my heart is a million miles away."
"Sol, you just have a wanderers spirit." The boy, once again grabbed the girls hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.
"One day we can explore all of pandora, together."

And there it was, that funny little feeling in the two Na'vi's chest. It felt like home.

My updates have been so slack! been super busy but also struggling to get passed this boring stage, i hate time skips though & want to really emphasise on Sols relationships with the other characters as well as her own character development. i have SO many ideas so you're all in for a treat.
Thanks for sticking around <3

Ps none of the chapters are edited so i know they're abit crusty but i'll get around to it once i finish the book.