Chapter 6

"I brought your father some flowers", Regina stood in the doorstep. "Oh", was everything I could get out of my mouth. "Could you give these to your father and tell him that they are from me?" she asked handing the flowers to me. "Or you could come inside", I suggested. Regina nodded quietly, I stepped out of her way and let her in. "How did you know that it's his birthday?" I asked, I hadn't told about it in therapy. "I was David's friend in college", Regina replied while taking off her shoes and coat. "Okay, so that's how I became your patient", I smirked. "It did help", Regina smirked back.

"Dad! You've got a new guest!" I yelled through the loud crowd. My dad walked over to see his new guest. "Regina, how have you been", he hugged her immediately. "Good, good", she tried to reply. "Happy birthday", Regina continued and handed the flowers to David when he let go of the hug. "Thank you", David smiled. "Emma, could you show Regina where she can find the kitchen?", he asked shifting his attention to me. "Sure", I answered an awkward tone in my voice. "Follow me."

I showed Regina the kitchen and skimmed through the guests to find Ruby, but couldn't fin her. "Take some cake, it's delicious", I said before noticing my room door open and close, it had to be Ruby. "Thank you, but I think I'm good for now", Regina replied. "Is it okay if I go, I have to deal with something?"

"Sure, go ahead", Regina said. I found my way through the guests to my room and quietly opened the door. "Here you are", I greeted when I saw Ruby sitting on my bed. "Was that Regina Mills? The same hot Regina we saw at Granny's?" Ruby asked, her eyes wide. "Yes", I replied but saw Ruby's expression change back to the one I had seen before leaving her alone. 

"You left in the middle of a conversation", Ruby, said without looking at me. "I know, sorry", I replied. "So you can't drink because of your medication, why not just stop taking it?", she asked. "If I just stop taking it, I could fall in to a deep depression or mania or even a psychosis", I explained. "Do you use that?", Ruby changed the subject and pointed at the desk. I looked at the thing she was pointing and saw the blade. "No!" I yelled and took a quick step to grab it. "Why do you have it then?" she asked. "I used to use it, but I don't anymore", I replied ashamed and tugged it into my pocket. 

Ruby looked around the room like it was glowing in her eyes. "Are you drunk?" I had to ask. "No!", she blurted out with a laughter. "I'm high you idiot", she continued her words blurred. "How? Why?"

"I might have done some edibles while I made the cake", Ruby said her smile wide. "You need to leave right now", I took her hand and pulled her up from the bed. "Whyyy..." Ruby complained while struggling to stand up. "If my parents find out, I can never see you again. That's why", I said pushing her out of my room. I led her to the front door and helped her outside. "Do you need a ride home? I can call you a cab", I said. "No, I can get home just fine", Ruby replied. "Fine then. Message me when you get home", I said before closing the door. 

I returned to my room and gave out a sigh. I felt the blade in my pocket and took it out. Rotating it in my hands the thought of using it rushed to my mind, I knew I shouldn't. I was calling my name, it wanted blood. I lifted my legs on to the bed ready to lift my jeans, when someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" I shouted, hiding the blade under my pillow. Regina's black hair peaked to my room. "Are you okay?", she asked and stepped inside closing the door behind her. "Are we supposed to talk like this, outside our sessions?" I asked. "You're the one that invited me in" Regina pointed out with a smile. "Now answer my question", she continued. "I'm fine", I replied. 

"You don't sound fine", Regina said and sat beside me. "Ruby just did something stupid", and I almost hurt myself, I added in my mind. "Is that all?" she asked landing her hand on mine. I wasn't sure if she had done it on purpose or not so I didn't move. I looked at her dark eye's, her face so close to mine I could almost feel her breath on my neck. That's when I had the sudden urge to kiss her, but I didn't, I couldn't.