The Uncontrolled Spinning Gears

Ryoma: You are asking us to defeat the Orc Lord?

Treyni: Yes, that's right, my lord.

Benimaru: That's quite a selfish request from someone who just appeared out of nowhere, Dryad Treyni. Why have you come here? There are races far stronger than Goblins.

Treyni: Yes, that is true. If the Ogres' homeland had been at full strength, perhaps I could've gone there. Though, even if I had done that, I couldn't have ignored these individuals' existences. Were our settlement to be attacked by the Orcs, the Dryads could not hope to fight them alone. This is why I have come to request assistance from someone strong.

Rimuru: The idea that the Orc Lord existed was still just a theory to us...

Treyni takes a potato chip.

Treyni: The Dryads have knowledge of essentially everything that happens in this forest. The Orc Lord does exist.

She takes a bite of the chip.

Ryoma: So sexy~

Rigurd: If a Dryad acknowledges it...

Kaijin: Then it must be true.

Ryoma: Give us some time to answer. We will back up the Kijin, but we don't want to go poking a hornets' nest for no reason.

Rimuru: Let us stock out the information we have before we answer. Despite how we look, we're the leaders, after all.

Everyone returns to their seats as. Treyni takes her spot between Rigurd and Kaijin.

Ryoma: Let's resume the conference. Anyone have any ideas what the Orcs might be after?

Shuna: One thing does come to mind... Soei, did you investigate our village?

Soei: Yes.

Shuna: Judging by your reaction, I assume you found none?

Soei: Correct. Not a single one belonging to either our brethren or the Orcs.

Rimuru: Not one what?

Soei: Bodies.

Ryoma & Rimuru: Wha?!/Hmmmm!

Benimaru: We didn't understand how they were getting the supplies to keep an army of 200,000 fed.

Rimuru: Are you saying...

Ryoma: They eat the bodies of the dead? How have they developed such an appetite like that?

Treyni: The unique skill... Starved. It's a skill that the Orc Lord, a calamity that brings chaos to the world, is born with. Its influence reaches all those who serve under him, making them devour everything in sight, like locusts. At the same time, they consume the victim's strength and abilities, making them their sustenance. It's quite similar to Lady Rimuru's Predator skill. In return of obtaining Starved, the feel constant, insatiable hunger. The Orcs move foward for no other purpose than to sate their endless hunger and gain more power. That is their king's only wish.