CHAPTER 21: ROYAL COUNCIL MEETING

—------------ Three months later—---------------

Giggadon empire

Royal palace

The Seventh moon had dawned on the Giggadon empire. Bringing about cold and snow, Winter had begun.

Inside the council hall, stood a large circular stone table in the middle of the room. It was crafted out of the most precious obsidian stones found in the empire, by the best stonemasons. The chairs that circled the table were made of fine mahogany wood, but one chair looked different from the rest. It's made with cider wood; its rails were dyed gold, and the slip seat and splat had the royal family logo designed on them.

At the four corners of the council hall, stood large pillars that had one beast claw sticking out of each of them. The claws held a round crystal that produced light. And lastly, in the middle of the hall above the table was a statue of a beast with large wings, sharp claws, and fire spewing out of its mouth. It was carved into the ceiling by the best stonemasons at the first emperor's orders a thousand years ago.

*Bam! *

A creaking sound echoed as the council hall door opened. And five men walked in dressed in noble attire. They walked to the middle of the hall and sat down on the chairs around the obsidian table, except for the one with the royal sigil.

To the right of the royal seat was Duke Balrus Winterwin. A gray-haired man in his sixties, who is dressed in a white-colored suit. House winterwin is one of the oldest houses in the empire. They have been loyal to the crown for five centuries and have had three women from their family become empress. They rule over the northern part of the empire where snow falls all year round. Their sigil is a giant polar bear.

And sitting to the left of the royal seat was Duke Kennedy Clayledge. A brown-haired, young, and handsome duke, who is in his early thirties. He is known as the most desirable man to the noble ladies in the capital. He is dressed in a navy-blue suit with a white shirt worn inside and a black vest. House Clayledge is a house of doctors. They are in charge of all hospitals and pharmaceutical stores throughout the empire, and they rule over the southern part of the empire. Their sigil is a mother nursing her child.

Sitting next to Duke Clayledge was Tower master Zurrick of the magic tower. He looks like an old man in his eighties with long gray hair and a long scraggly beard. He's dressed in a white robe, which gave him the appearance of a sage. He is the fifth tower master of the magic tower and the first tower master to reach nine mana circles, making him the strongest magician in the empire and even the entire continent. The magic tower does not rule over any land territory, but they rule over the floating city. A city where only magicians live is over one thousand meters in the air. Their sigil is a tree with its branches connected to all nature's elements. Fire, water, wind, earth, light, dark, and space.

Sitting on the right beside Duke Winterwin was Duke Frederick Blackport. A good-looking man with dark skin who is in his late twenties. He has long black braided hair, and he wore a purple suit with a purple shirt on the inside with a black vest. House Blackport was formerly a long line of pirates, but four hundred years ago, they swore allegiance to the emperor at the time. They were given the title of Duke and they ruled over the eastern part of the empire where the ports are located. They have over five hundred military ships and one hundred transport ships they use in importing goods from other countries. Their sigil is an anchor.

And sitting next to Duke Blackport is Duke Rolan Rainbridge. He is a fat man with red hair and is dressed in a red suit. House Rainbridge was formerly a Baron family just one step above commoners, but due to the contribution of the former head of the family, George Rainbridge, for 'exposing'(reference Chapter 14) the Rottdal family corruption. After the Rottdal family fell, the Rainbridge family was rewarded with the Rottdal family business and the title of Duke. Their sigil is a golden scale.