CHAPTER 68: KNIGHTS FALL.

*SHING*

*SHING*

*SHING*

*SHING*

Draven, Aldric, Orion, and Evander unsheathe their swords, as they prepare to confront the source of the unknown voice.

*STEP*

"Hey, there's no need to draw your swords,"

Scorpion calmly interjected, stepping into the illuminated area, revealing himself.

"Why does this man look familiar? I think I've seen him recently, but I can't recall where."

Draven pondered silently upon seeing Scorpion's face.

As Draven struggled to recall where he had seen Scorpion before. Aldric steps forward from the group wearing an annoyed expression and walks toward Scorpion.

*THUD*

* THUD*

*THUD*

The sound of Aldric's steps reverberated through the tense silence as he approached Scorpion. After closing the distance between them, he raised his sword and points it threateningly at Scorpion's face.

*SWISH*

"Who the hell are you?... Huh?"

Aldric asked, his voice laced with a threatening tone, as the tip of his sword's blade drew nearer to Scorpion's face.

"..."

But Scorpion stood there silently as he watched Aldric with an amused expression.

"You show up out of nowhere at night and then have the audacity to tell us not to draw our swords? Is this some kind of joke?"

Aldric's anger-filled voice boomed as he glared at Scorpion.

"Pffft- Hahahaha..."

As Aldric spoke, Scorpion unexpectedly burst into laughter, interrupting his words.

"!?...."

Aldric flinched at Scorpion's sudden reaction, unable to comprehend what was so amusing to the mysterious man. He glanced back at Draven, Orion, and Evander, only to see their perplexed expressions mirroring his own.

"Y-You damn bastard!"

Aldric yelled in an angry tone as he turned his gaze back to Scorpion. He withdraws his sword and grabs Scorpion by the chest, pulling him closer with a menacing glare.

*WHOOSH*

*GRAB*

*SWOOSH*

"Stop that laughter and start talking before you find yourself in a world of pain, you damn bastard!"

Aldric threatened as he tightens his grip.

*CLENCH*

"Ah... tonight, it seems my sword truly craves the blood of a second-class grandmaster Knight."

Scorpion's chilling voice echoed, slicing through the thick tension, as he emits killing intent.

"What did you say? —"

Aldric's words were abruptly cut short.

*SHING*

*SLICE*

*THUD*

*ROLL*

In the blink of an eye, Aldric's head falls off his body, lands on the ground, and rolls toward Draven, Orion, and Evander, before stopping in front of them.