CHAPTER 74: UNEXPECTED.

INNER CAPITAL CITY - SOMWHERE.

"Be careful of your own shadow; for it might hide more than you realize."

Emperor Maximus said, as he emerged from behind Helena, stepping out of her shadow. His sword's blade, deeply embedded in her back, pierced through her chest.

*THUD*

"COUGH!!... How did you"

Helena exclaimed, after coughing out blood. As she turned to Emperor Maximus, her face twisted in shock and agony.

"Did you truly believe I could be defeated with such a meager display of power? That was nothing more than a mere shadow double."

Emperor Maximus said with a condescending tone and expression.

"Even with an energy more powerful than mana and Aura, this is all your strength amounts to. What a waste... Don't worry; I will be using your power to its full potential, after extracting it from your corpse... Any last words before you die?"

Emperor Maximus asked.

"Cough...Ha...haha... Did you think you've won!? HA-HAHAHAHA!"

Helena exclaimed, erupting into maniacal laughter before her body dissolved into grains of sand, swiftly carried away by a powerful gust of wind.

*WHOOOSH*

"WHAT!!?... What is going on?!"

Emperor Maximus exclaimed, his face a mixture of confusion and shock. He remained frozen in place, utterly perplexed, after witnessing Helena dissolve into sand and disappear while his sword was still impaled in her heart.

*RUMBLE*

*WHOOSH*

*RUMBLE*

Suddenly, the weather underwent a dramatic transformation. Clouds swiftly gathered, obscuring the sky and cloaking the moonlight, deepening the darkness of the night. Thunder reverberated, and lightning slashed across the sky, assaulting both ears and eyes. Rain poured down in torrents, a sudden deluge, only to stop just as quickly. The heavens cleared, unveiling the sun at its zenith, as if day had emerged from the grasp of night. Yet, in a blink, night returned. This cycle continued in an unrelenting oscillation, giving the sense that decades passed in the span of mere minutes.

"What is going on!!... What's happening to me? Why do I look so weak? Is this an illusion?!!"

Emperor Maximus questioned; his voice tinged with concern. After noticing his reflection in his sword's blade, which he could barely lift anymore. He looked aged, with disheveled hair, a wrinkled face, and a frail body. The sensation of imminent collapse and mortality gripped him as if he could fall over and die at any moment.

"I-I... am weak... Why do I look so weak!!... How can I look this pathetic!!? I AM THE EMPEROR OF THE GIGGADON EMPIRE, A 7TH CLASS AURA MASTER!! I AM THE STRONGEST!!!"

Emperor Maximus yelled, his eyes wild with a touch of madness, slashing at the empty air in rapid succession.

*THUD*

*SLASH*

*THUD*

*SLASH*

"BWA~Hahaha... Broken already?"

Helena's laughter and words echoed down from the heavens.

"... That voice!?"

Emperor Maximus snapped out of his frenzied state upon hearing Helena's voice. He directed his gaze toward the sky, his eyes burning with intensity as he beheld a colossal face formed by clouds.