CHAPTER 69: BLINDING LIGHT.

AT THE SILVERWOOD MANOR.

*WHOOSH*

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

"Keuk!... how is it so strong?"

Galen thought in his mind while flying through a wall after being tossed from the east side of the manor to the west.

*CRASH*

"Urgh..."

Galen groaned in pain as he crashes onto the floor. But quickly got back on his feet, sword in hand and his guard up. Glancing around, he noticed he was back at the center of the manor's entrance hall, bathed in moonlight.

"What the hell was that beast? Blocking its attacks sent me flying across the manor... Ugh."

Galen muttered, with a pained expression. He looks down at his hands and noticed them tremble from the impact of blocking the beast's attacks with his sword. Then he realized that if he hadn't blocked the attack he would have gotten seriously hurt.

"Taking more attacks like that would be dangerous."

Galen thought in his mind with a cautious expression.

*WHOOSH*

"RAAAAAAAOORR!!"

Grace's deafening roar pierced the air as she appeared in front of Galen, launching an incredible speed attack with her claws aimed at his head.

"!!!"

Noticing the attack Galen reacts quickly, he raised his sword, channels his mana into it, and deflects Grace's huge claws.

*CLANG*

*WHOOSH*

After her attack was blocked Grace retreated into the dark corners of the 'entrance hall' waiting for an opportunity to strike again.

"Even after using my mana to disperse some of the power in that attack, it's still had this much power. Keuk!"

Galen said in his mind as he grunts in pain feeling the impact of the attack on his hands. But unlike the first attack which caught him by surprise, this attack was weaker.

"I was not sure at first, but now my suspicion is confirmed. This beast does not attack with mana; it seems to rely only on its physical strength to attack..."

Galen paused, scanning his surroundings with his mana sense but unable to sense Grace's presence.

"...My guess was right. Whatever this beast is, it does not possess a single mana in its body. That's why it could get the drop on me before... And with the advantage of the night, it can evade both my mana detection and my sight... But how is it possible for any living creature to not possess mana?"

Sir. Galen thought in his mind as he tightens his grip on his sword.

But what Galen did not know was that what Grace possessed was not mana but universal Qi.

*CREAK*

*WHOOSH*

"!?..."

Galen snaps out of his thought as he hears the loud sound of creaking wood and quick movement. He swiftly turned toward the source of the sound, but the area was shrouded in darkness, making it impossible for him to discern anything.

"Tch, what an annoying beast to fight. I can't sense its mana or see it. How do I fight against something like this?"

Galen thought desperately, holding his sword with one hand. He rummaged through his storage ring, hoping to find an 'Everglow orb' to illuminate the dark corners of the hall where Grace hid, giving him an advantage. But to his dismay, there were none in his storage ring.