CHAPTER 26: THE TRUTH

Giggadon empire

Royal palace hallway

*clomp* *clomp* *clomp* *clomp*

"Good morning, your majesty, lord Chamberlin," the maids greeted with blushed faces as they walked past the emperor and the lord chamberlain in the palace halls. Though the emperor is known as a tyrant across the lands, it didn't stop women from almost dropping their draws at the sight of him.

Following behind the emperor were the lord chamberlain and two knights. After a few minutes, they arrived at the emperor's office. The knights stepped forward and pulled onto the door's handle, opening it. Emperor Maximus and lord Chamberlain walked in and the knights closed the door behind them and guarded the door.

The emperor's office was more normal than expected. Contrary to popular belief that the emperor keeps the skull of his slain enemies in a glass jar, and places them in his collection in his office. Which was the rumor going around in the empire. But there was no shelf filled with glass-covered skulls. There was only a beautifully designed wooden office desk, made of Oakwood. It is placed at the far center end of the room with a window behind it. And in front of the table were two long golden-yellow Camel back chairs with a tea table placed between them.

At the right side of the room was a large fish tank filled with a dozen black-stripped doom fish. The fish is the emperor's pet. It had dark shiny scales with long flowing, luminous, purple-colored fins, and tails.

The first thing the emperor did after walking into his office was to feed his pet fish, with a loaf of bread he took from the dining hall. He pinched off tiny pieces of the bread and scattered them in the fish tank. The fish swam toward the breadcrumbs and ate them. Emperor Maximus watched the fish as it fed, with a little smile on his face that faded immediately after.

The chamberlain caught sight of the emperor's smile. "What would the people say if they know that the 'Tyrant emperor' smiles while feeding his pet?" He said in a friendly tone. As he stared at the emperor's back.

"Is that, how you speak to your emperor!?" Maximus asked in an angry tone, as he turned around towards the chamberlain.

"..."

The chamberlain and the emperor stared at each other without saying a word for a few seconds.

"Pfft... Hahaha." They both burst out a loud laugh.

"Haha... not like anyone would believe you. The cold tyrant emperor smiles while feeding his pet fish. It sounds more unbelievable than me having a collection of enemy skulls placed in jars. Ha-hahaha." Maximus laughed as he walked to his office desk and sat.

Eadulf Balston. The second son of Marquess Roland Balston, lord chamberlain of the Giggadon empire, and the emperor's best friend. He is a born genius, second only to the emperor. Possessing a legendary class mana level. That is found once in a century.

————————- Flashback————————

From a young age, Eadulf was brought up with the best clothes, shoes, education, gifts, and above all else, a parent's love. Unlike the eldest son, Ewin Balston, who is shunned because of his constitution. Ewin sufferers from a rare disease that is found in one in a million people.

'SEVEN YIN SEVERED MERIDIAN'. is a disease that clogs the meridian of a person preventing him from circulating his mana properly. And if mana was forced through those clogged meridians, it would lead to mana overload, killing the afflicted in a gruesome way.

Eadulf and his brother had a close relationship but were always separated from each other. while Eadulf lived in a warm room, ate good food, and slept on a soft bed, his elder brother was thrown to rot away in the estate cellar. away from the world's eyes because of the rumor that the 'SEVEN YIN SEVERED MERIDIAN' was infectious.