CHAPTER 67: KNIGHTS UNITE.

AT A MANOR A FEW BLOCKS AWAY FROM THE SILVERWOOD MANOR.

*VROOM*

"This one has also been deactivated,"

Draven said with a concerned expression, revealing the manor's barrier formation with his mana.

"That's what now? Like three manors, all with their magic formations deactivated. This cannot be a coincidence,"

Aldric commented.

"Yeah... you're right. It's too much of a coincidence for all four manors we've been to, to have their magic formations deactivated. Someone must be behind this, but why? What is their purpose in deactivating the barrier formations?"

Draven said, his expression mixed with wariness and curiosity.

"This situation seems suspicious. Should we request backup from Team 2?"

Orion suggested.

"No, we can handle this on our own. The team leader and the others are taking care of things at Silverwood Manor. So, our task is to gather any clues we can find about the identity of the person or group responsible for deactivating the manors formations,"

Draven asserted with a determined tone and expression.

"Well, if you say so, little team leader,"

Evander playfully teased.

"Hey, don't call me that,"

Draven replied, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Hahaha..."

Aldric, Orion, and Evander burst into laughter at Draven's embarrassed expression.

"Alright. enough joking around. Let's get back to work,"

Draven said, trying to regain a serious tone. After they finished joking, then they proceeded to inspect the next manor's formation. But unbeknownst to them, two figures standing on the roof of the Manor they had just left were watching them silently.

"TSK! I can't believe the damn Capital Knights have gotten involved. If that bitch hadn't been knocked out of the silence barrier, we wouldn't have stopped to stare at these knights. And why are we watching the knights anyway, instead of catching that bitch?"

Cobra grumbled, irritated. He glanced at Scorpion, who stood silently at his side, keeping a vigilant eye on the knights' movements.

"...Tch, what an arrogant bastard. He's not even listening to me,"

Cobra thought, frustrated as he realized that Scorpion hadn't heard a single word he said.

"With the Capital Knights interfering, things have become troublesome. However, it appears their knowledge of formations is lacking. Otherwise, they would have noticed that the manors barrier formations are being interfered by this..."

Scorpion thought to himself, as he reached into his pockets and brought out a black, hexagon-shaped magical tool.

"!!..."

Immediately Scorpion brought out the magical tool. Cobra's attention was instantly drawn to it. He became curious and wondered why Scorpion guarded the magic tool so closely, even though it seemed that its only function was to create a magic barrier that isolated sound in a specific range.

"Remind me again what other functions that rock has, other than removing sound? To me, it seems pretty useless, you should just toss it away,"

Cobra said.

Hearing Cobra's words, Scorpion turned to him with an angry expression and a hint of murderous intent in his eyes.

"How dare you..."