The Plot Thickens

Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

I had barely sat down at my desk when Mary slid into the seat next to me, a sly smile on her face.

"Hey there, Y/n," she said, her voice dripping with sweetness. "I was thinking we should hang out sometime."

I raised an eyebrow. Was Mary trying to make a move on me? I had always thought of her as a bit of a tsundere, so this sudden burst of friendliness was unexpected.

"Uh, sure," I said cautiously. "What did you have in mind?"

Mary leaned in closer, her voice dropping to a whisper. "I was thinking we could work together on something. Something big."

I felt a prickle of excitement at the suggestion. Mary was a master gambler, and if she had something in mind, it was bound to be interesting.

"What kind of thing?" I asked, trying to keep my tone casual.

Mary just grinned. "I'll tell you later. Right now, I have to go talk to someone."

And with that, she got up and left the classroom, leaving me to wonder what she had in store.

Later that day, I ran into Midari in the hallway. She was leaning against a locker, her eyes fixed on me.

"Hey there, Y/n," she said, her voice sultry. "I was thinking we should hang out again sometime."

I felt a jolt of excitement at the suggestion. Midari was unpredictable and dangerous, but there was something about her that I couldn't resist.

"Sure, why not?" I said, trying to sound casual.

Midari just grinned. "Great. I'll text you later with the details."

And with that, she sauntered away, leaving me to wonder what kind of trouble we were going to get into this time.

As I made my way to my next class, I couldn't help feeling a sense of anticipation. There was something exciting happening at Hyakkaou Private Academy, something that was pulling me deeper and deeper into its web.

And I was more than ready to see where it would lead me.