A High-Stakes Game

Chapter 9

Y/n's POV

As I entered the designated meeting spot, a chill ran down my spine. Mary and Midari were already there, waiting for me.

"Y/n, you made it," Mary said with a sly grin.

Midari just smirked, her eyes glinting with excitement.

I took a seat across from them, wondering what their plan was this time. Mary leaned forward, her eyes serious.

"Listen, Y/n. We're going to take down Kirari," she said, her voice low.

My heart skipped a beat at her words. Kirari was the president of the student council and the most skilled gambler at Hyakkaou Private Academy. Taking her down would be an impossible feat, but I knew Mary and Midari wouldn't suggest it if they didn't have a plan.

"How do we do that?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Mary's smile widened. "We challenge her to a game. A high-stakes game. And we make sure we win."

Midari's eyes lit up with excitement. "We'll bet everything we have, and she won't be able to resist."

I could feel my heart racing at the thought of the gamble. This was going to be the biggest risk we had ever taken.

"I'm in," I said, my voice firm.

Mary and Midari exchanged a grin, their eyes shining with determination.

And with that, the game began.