A Risky Move

Chapter 10

Y/n's POV

The three of us spent the next few days strategizing and preparing for the game. We knew we had to come up with a game that would catch Kirari's attention and make her want to bet big.

Finally, we decided on a game of Russian Roulette, with a twist. We would use real guns and real bullets, but only one of the six chambers would be loaded. Each player would take turns spinning the chamber and pulling the trigger, and the first one to get shot would lose.

It was a dangerous game, but we were willing to take the risk. We knew Kirari would be intrigued by the high stakes and the danger involved.

The day of the game arrived, and we met Kirari in a secluded room in the school. She looked bored, but her eyes lit up when she saw the guns on the table.

"I see you've come up with an interesting game," she said, a sly smile on her face.

We nodded, trying to hide our nerves. Mary went first, spinning the chamber and pulling the trigger. A click. She let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

Midari was next. She pulled the trigger, and again, nothing happened. Kirari watched with interest as I took my turn.

I spun the chamber, my heart racing. I put the gun to my head, closed my eyes, and pulled the trigger.

Click.

I let out a sigh of relief, and Kirari chuckled.

"Looks like luck is on your side, Y/n," she said.

Mary and Midari took their turns, and still, no one was shot. We were all breathing heavily, the tension in the room palpable.

Finally, it was Kirari's turn. She spun the chamber and put the gun to her head.

Click.

We all let out a sigh of relief, but Kirari just grinned.

"Let's up the stakes," she said. "Double or nothing. Two bullets in the chamber."

My heart sank at the suggestion, but Mary and Midari just exchanged a sly grin. They were in this to win, no matter the risk.

And with that, the game continued.