Conflicted Hearts

Chapter 17

Y/n's POV

As I walked down the hallway towards the student council room, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. Kirari and Ririka had been acting strange around each other lately, and I had a feeling it had to do with me.

When I entered the room, Kirari and Ririka were already there, sitting in silence. They both looked up as I entered, but their expressions were unreadable.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked, trying to break the tension.

Kirari cleared her throat. "Y/n, we need to talk to you about something important."

My heart started racing. What could they possibly want to talk to me about?

Ririka spoke up, her voice soft. "Y/n, I need to confess something to you. I've developed feelings for you, and I know it's not fair to Kirari."

I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment and confusion. Ririka had feelings for me? I had never considered that possibility before.

Kirari looked at me with a mixture of sadness and frustration. "Y/n, I don't want to lose you as a friend, but I can't deny that I have feelings for you too."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Both Kirari and Ririka had feelings for me? This was the last thing I had expected.

"I...I don't know what to say," I stammered, my mind racing. "I had no idea."

Kirari spoke up again, her voice shaking slightly. "I know this is a lot to take in, Y/n. But we didn't want to keep this from you anymore. We care about you so much, and we don't want to hurt each other."

I took a deep breath, trying to process everything. "I care about both of you too. But I don't know what to do. I don't want to hurt either of you."

Ririka looked down at her lap. "I understand if you don't feel the same way, Y/n. I just had to tell you how I felt."

Kirari nodded in agreement. "We don't want to pressure you into anything, Y/n. Just know that we'll support whatever decision you make."

I sat there for a few moments, trying to collect my thoughts. This was a lot to process, and I didn't want to make any hasty decisions.

"Can I have some time to think about this?" I asked, looking at both of them.

"Of course," Kirari said with a small smile. "Take all the time you need."

As I walked out of the student council room, my mind was racing. How was I supposed to choose between two people who meant so much to me? I knew I needed to think things through carefully before making any decisions.