❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7❞

K03 ‖ Guardians of Heritage: History and Culture

𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕲𝖚𝖎𝖉𝖊:
Italic words - the thoughts of a character / a foreign language is spoken
Bold and italic words - a lie, only when Princess Caitlyn's around

Bold, italic and underlined words - the timeline of memories, past, hallucinations etc.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝕿hey were named after the dead.

Charles Hyperion Exley.

A great number of kings of the entire European continent were given the name Charles. These countries include Albania, Austria, Bohemia, Croatia, England, France, Holy Roman Empire, Hungary, Ireland, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Sicily, Spain, Sweden and many more.

Caesar Hesperos Hárfagri.

Caesar was the name of a Roman general and statesman by the name Gaius Julius Caesar. A member of the first Triumvirate, and later a dictator until his assassination in 44 BC, he played a critical role in the events that led to the demise of the Roman Republic and the rise of the Roman Empire.

Claudius Orion Hárfagri.

Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus was the fourth Roman emperor. A member of the Julio-Claudian dynasty who was limp and slightly deaf, Claudius's infirmity saved him from the fate of many other nobles during the purges throughout the reigns of Tiberius and Caligula, as potential enemies did not see him as a serious threat.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Year 2039
Ever Realm Academy, Elderbourne Isle

Pale eyes stared at the screen as lean fingers typed on the keyboard without pause, fixated to the task at hand as the Princess of Norway tried her best to complete the assignment given by Professor Thompson, the history teacher. Familiar names of monarchs and tyrants who ruled the ancient ages of Europe appeared on the screen as she typed on, completely disregarding the two figures kneeling in front of her desk for the past hour or so.

One had dyed turquoise hair tied in a neat bun on top of her head, complimenting her Nordic charms while the other had long black hair that reached his lower back, pulled up in a high ponytail, allowing him to look like a character straight out of a Korean period drama. Despite the obvious differences in the pair, there was one thing they had in common, and that was being the Norwegian princess's servant for a decade.

Now, they are on their knees, facing the threat of being removed permanently from their posts.

Princess Caitlyn let out a long sigh, flexing her sore fingers as she paused momentarily. From her peripheral vision, she took note that the pair were still in the same position since they started an hour ago.

The lack of clicks on the keyboard allowed Valkyrie Hansson to grab the opportunity to talk with a higher probability of the princess listening, "We have failed you, my lady. We are not worthy of being at your service anymore. I will allow your highness to take my life as compensation for your anger." She declared boldly with gray eyes unwavering as she tried to meet the princess's ice cold gaze.

By her side, the princess's personal bodyguard wore an expression of regret and sadness as he cried out, "I'm sorry, your highness. I didn't have a choice! The doctors needed to do their job and save the old king." He mourned.

While the princess's lady-in-waiting spoke of honor and death in much valor, her bodyguard cried about his mistakes and showed his fear of what happens beyond the living.