❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7❞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗

OLDER SIBLINGS

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

K06 ‖ A Royal Vengeance: Famous Destinations

𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕲𝖚𝖎𝖉𝖊:
Italic words — the thoughts of a character / a foreign language is spoken
Bold and italic words — a lie, only when Princess Caitlyn's around
Bold, italic and underlined words — the timeline of memories, past, hallucinations etc.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Year 2039
Prince Jayvyn's Living room, South Africa
[52 hours and 16 minutes left in the game]

The day slipped into night as the sun sinks below the horizon. While most of the residents at the prince's palace had retired to the comfort of their beds, a certain prince with his aide was still awake.

"So, you're saying that they're headed towards America?" The brunette prince of Italy said, pouring over the world map that was spread across the table. Seated behind it on a leather armchair, the prince traced the shapes of the countries on the map while resting his head in his hand.

His 1.7m tall aide loomed over him. "Yes," said Livio, "The flight from London to New York takes 7 hours while from London to Saudi Arabia will only take 6 hours." He paused momentarily to adjust his coat. Still dressed in his day wear, the gray-haired aide contrasted his master who was already in robes and pajamas. Prince Gion was about to attend to his nightly routine when Livio brought him the news.

Fighting his lethargy, the prince listened as his aide said, "However, they chose not to go to Saudi Arabia. Have they given up on saving Prince Uthman?" Livio's brows were drawn together worriedly, wondering if the game had truly gone too far.

"Hah! Just as I expected."

Livio snapped his head up quickly to find his master wearing a triumphant grin. He pursed his lips as he glanced down at the map.

"From what I know, Prince Uthman is introverted and reserved," said Prince Gion. "Whereas Prince Charles is more outgoing and builds good relationships with others from a young age. I had already expected this outcome of them choosing Charles over the Saudi Arabian prince." Gone was the thought of going to bed and in its place, a celebratory spur.

Exulting in his predictions, the prince of Italy looked down on the map as the gods of old would at the world beneath their feet. Success was so close that he could almost taste it.

He caught a glimpse of his own reflection on a small mirror ornament on the table and grinned. The glimmer in his eyes was as visible as daylight. Glancing up, the sight of Livio's frown was in his line of sight. He silently stared at the older boy whose frown would not cease. Noting that he would not say a thing, Prince Gion sighed.

He leaned back into the armchair.

"No matter how much they defend their friendship, it's just all talk," he said matter-of-factly, blowing the fringe out of his face. "In this world, it's every man for himself. Of course, they will only choose those who are useful to them. That's just human nature."

Livio looked further dejected by those words.

Prince Gion paused before continuing, "Though I believe they are forgetting that Prince Uthman could be a useful ally to have." He chuckled. "Seems like it's Momos's loss."