❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8❞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗

MIDNIGHT CONCERNS

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝
K06 ‖ A Royal Vengeance: Famous Destinations

𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕲𝖚𝖎𝖉𝖊:
Italic words — the thoughts of a character / a foreign language is spoken
Bold and italic words — a lie, only when Princess Caitlyn's around
Bold, italic and underlined words — the timeline of memories, past, hallucinations etc.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Year 2039
Private Residence of the Royal Family, Saudi Arabia
[50 hours and 5 minutes left in the game]

The sky which consists of these bright gleaming stars, a rarity in today's urban lifestyle, has a way of entrancing the eyes that peer into the night sky of Saudi Arabia. Having the Royal Residence built away from the bustling nightlife of the city meant that there would be less distraction and pollution caused by city lights.

The calm ambiance of the night was slowly lulling the Norwegian princess to sleep but her mind kept her awake.

Princess Caitlyn sat by the window in daze, thinking of multiple possibilities that could happen. It was a bad habit of hers to over think.

She recalled how some princes were close to her brother, such as Prince Albert of England, who will save Charles by all means. However, that would mean that they will leave Prince Uthman unsaved.

Her brother had been collecting friends as one would buy clothes. A necessity but easily dispensable. His biggest jackpot would be when he became Prince Albert's best friend and got to stay in England during the summer holidays.

With his sunny disposition, Charles could have almost anyone wrapped around his fingers.

Meanwhile, Prince Uthman was too quiet and protected his entire life to think about making alliances and form important friendships. His only close friend would be the equally reserved Prince Jayvyn—

No, Caitlyn thought. It's not possible. They couldn't have.

But there is a possibility and it lies in the wild card called Alexis.

Scrambling up from her seat beside the window, Princess Caitlyn rushed towards the bedside table where she left her phone. With shaky hands, she managed to unlock her phone after several tries and searched through her contacts. With erratic breathing, she clicked on a familiar name and brought the phone to her ear.

Princess Caitlyn started pacing by the giant four-poster bed, her fist clenched tightly at her side as her breathing quickened. She bit down on her lips, silently urging the receiver to pick up the call.

A breath of relief escaped her lips when the call connected, but the words from her friend made her breath hitch.

"Caitlyn!" Princess Caoimhe greeted. "I was just about to call you."

Taking in breaths, Caitlyn could hear the urgency in her words. Her head started to spin.

"Say it," Caitlyn commanded, already expecting the worst of news she could receive.

Her heart sank. Princess Caoimhe's words confirmed her suspicion. The Irish have listening devices placed in the plane to eavesdrop on their plans. Through this, she managed to get hold of their destination plans.

"They had an emergency landing in Egypt an hour ago before heading towards South Africa," said the princess. "They plan to get Prince Jayvyn in hopes of saving Prince Uthman."