❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12❞

╔═.✾. ═════════════╗

❝STRENGTH OF FRIENDSHIPS❞

╚═════════════.✾. ═╝

K06 ‖ A Royal Vengeance: Famous Destinations

𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕲𝖚𝖎𝖉𝖊:
Italic words — the thoughts of a character / a foreign language is spoken
Bold and italic words — a lie, only when Princess Caitlyn’s around
Bold, italic and underlined words — the timeline of memories, past, hallucinations etc.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Year 2039
Cowboy Capital of the World — Texas
[the game ended]

Texas: A State of Many Wonders.

The second-largest and second-most populous state in the USA, with a rich and diverse history and culture. Originating from the Caddo word taysha, meaning "friends" or "allies", Texas is known for its  cattle ranching and cowboy culture, as well as its music and cuisine, making it a popular destination for tourists.

With a varied geography of the Prairies, woods, deserts and mountains, Texas is one of the many states in the entire country that houses private properties belonging to the esteemed House of Exley, a family of old money wealth which has control over the country’s politics, economy and society. Multiple high end hotels, ranches and billion-dollar estates around Texas serve as summer getaways for the members of the Exley family. As such, Texas became a second home to the Exley family.

Evergreens Ranch, named after the green scenery of the plains where the cowboy ranch was located, was one of the places owned by the Exleys.

On the evergreen plains with rolling hills at the back, young foals and stallions gallop mightily to their hearts’ content as they chase each other in their own form of the tag game. Some mares grazed on the dewy grass peacefully in contrast to their companions’ rowdiness. In the midst of it all, a young American boy sat quietly on an old wine barrel grooming a beautiful gray mare.

Pale blonde hair combed to the back and eyes of the summer sky blue set in his youthful face, Prince Charles of America, son of President Exley, hummed a soft tune to himself. His patient grooming kept the horse calm as it carried on grazing. The pleasant morning weather lifted Charles’s otherwise grumpy temper.

As Charles recalled, he was asleep in his bed at the dorms when a group of black clad men stormed in and dragged him out of the bed, tranquilizing him when he fought back.

A small part of him regretted that he never trained. He never took part in the lessons his younger brothers and twin sister took when they were young. Young Charles deemed those intense fencing, sword fighting and martial arts to be violent. While his siblings fought each other in practice matches under different weather, Charles partook in more leisurely activities such as swimming and horse riding in summer, treasure hunting in autumn and playing indoor games in winter and spring. Compared to his sister who is skilled in almost everything, Charles was very pampered and lacking in many areas, especially when it comes to physical strength.

It always pains him to admit that Caesar and Claudius are stronger than him, and there was a time when Caitlyn outranked him in physical strength.

A bitter smile graced his lips.

Caitlyn, his precious little sister. Of all the women present in his life, Charles only ever loved and cared about his mother and sisters. Cassandra is his shield and protector from his father’s wrath, Caitlyn, his other half, and Carmen, the one he will protect with all his might. It was the common goal he shared with his siblings: to shield the youngest from all worldly harms.