Chapter 1: So Cold

A harsh ringing noise pierced through the frigid morning, its metallic sounds causing the desk beneath it to vibrate.

"Ughh..." A sleepy boy groaned, blinking slowly. Sitting up, Kim Seungmin rubbed his eyes drowsily. Slapping a hand over his alarm to turn it off, he flopped back into bed. After five short minutes, it sounded again.

He pushed off the covers, dragging his body off the bed and running a hand through his already messy dark brown hair. He splashed a handful of cold water on his face to wake him up fully and sighed.

"Good morning, you look awful," He muttered to himself in the mirror, chuckling. Brushing his teeth and combing his hair quickly, he shuffled through his closet lazily. Grabbing a sky blue cardigan and some light grey sweatpants, he pulled them on and trudged down the stairs.

The cool breeze filtered through the windows and ruffled his bangs gently. Boiling a cup of tea, he started preparing breakfast for himself. Glancing at the clock, Seungmin swore quietly.

"I'm gonna be late," He huffed, slinging his bag over his shoulder and leaving his food untouched on the table.

Once he arrived at school, he plopped down in his usual seat. A desk in the corner, far away from everyone else. The empty chair next to him was rarely occupied, Seungmin ensured that it stayed that way. Everyone who had been partnered with him had requested to change spots. His naturally cold demeanor usually chased people away, but he didn't care. 

Socializing was pointless and energy draining.

The only downside to his spot was that it was near a window, so during the winter the chill would leak through the cracks into his bones. Perhaps if there was someone sitting next to him, they would block the wind with their warmth. But for now, Seungmin just had to freeze.

He unpacked his books and organized his pens and pencils in order. The bell rang and the teacher walked in with an unfamiliar boy in tow.

"Good morning class, we have a new friend who will be joining us for the rest of the year! Please introduce yourself," She beamed, gesturing towards the noirette.

He spared no hesitation and flashed a dazzling smile, Seungmin couldn't tear his eyes off of the new student. He found every movement of the other fascinating, even when they were just standing there letting the light illuminate their features.

"Hey everyone! My name's Hwang Hyunjin, I'm 20, attractive, and single~" He grinned, winking and making the class laugh. "I'll be in your care then." He finished, looking at the teacher expectantly.

"Wonderful! Here let me find a seat for you," She tittered, her glasses glinting as she scanned the classroom.

"How about you sit next to Seungmin over there?"

A sudden silence fell over the class, as they all turned to look at the student in the back.

What.

Do you guys think I should start adding character introductions to my stories just in case anyone doesn't know the subjects/people of the story?

Also, tell me what you think of my new story?

Do you prefer Hyunlix or Hyunmin?

Also, I played way too much badminton and now everything hurts. *sighs* I still have school/work tomorrow and I cannot. ARGHHHHHHHH.

(On a side not, I can't stop listening to LOCO-Itzy. Someone save me~)

~(=^..^) hehe kitty