Two: Slytherin!

I stood outside the large doors that led into the grand hall where students gathered for meals and celebrations. I looked down at my gray sweater that covered my white button up shirt, they were tucked into a black skirt that reached just above my knees. I decided not to wear the knee high socks but sported some black leather shoes that I hated along with this long black robe that almost reached the floor. These uniforms were gaudy compared to the old ones I used to wear but since everyone wore the same thing I didn't feel too awkward. I clasped my hands in front of me and twiddled my thumbs, trying to keep my nerves at bay, suddenly one of the doors swung open, catching me off guard. A very strange looking man with long stringy hair and a gritted face waved me in. I stared at him for a moment when he waved at me again, trying to catch my attention. I shook my head, took a deep breath and began following him. When we entered the room, the tables were piled full of students, shoulder to shoulder and they were all looking at me. I kept my eyes to the end of the isle where a single barstool sat, and the head master standing next to it with a large smile under his long gray beard. He was holding a large, dirty looking hat in his hand and his other was stretched out, urging me to sit on the chair. I nodded at him and gulped loudly as I sat on it, now facing all the students. I scanned the crowd and immediately found Pansy, smiling and giggling as she watched me almost faint. Headmaster gently placed the hat on my head and it felt like it was breathing.
"Ah." It spoke, causing me to jump. "A new student. I can tell your nervous. It's okay child, I'll place you correctly." He grumbled.
He grumbled and groaned for a few moments as I sat there being watched by everyone.
"Ravenclaw? Hm. No. Hufflepuff? Definitely not. Hm. Ah yes, there it is. SLYTHERIN!" He shouted and a table of students began to cheer and Pansy clapped her hands.
The headmaster removed the hat and motioned for me to stand and walk towards the table that was cheering. Slytherin? My mother was a Ravenclaw. I wonder how she would feel about this. I quickly walked with my head down and cheeks on fire to the table and sat down next to Pansy. Blaise- Zabini, was sitting across from her and gave me a soft smile with a nod of his head. Pansy hugged me and let out a small squeal.
"I knew it!" She cheered.
"No you didn't." A boy spoke.
I looked over to see a stone faced boy with a pale face and hair to match. His eyes, that he were rolling, were ice blue and fixed on me.
"Oh shove off Draco, I did to!" Pansy pestered, sticking her tongue out at him.
"Classy." Draco huffed, giving me one last glare before he turned his attention to a large boy sitting next to him.
"Who is that?" I whispered to Pansy.
"That's just Draco. He's a Malfoy, and all Malfoy's are twats." She said loudly, hoping he'd hear but he didn't even flinch in her direction.
"Anyway, you know Zabini, this is Millicent and that's Crabbe and Goyle down there with Draco. You can meet everyone else later in the common rooms. I'm so excited you're here. You can take the bed next to mine if you like. No one is using it!" She said.
"Okay, that will be nice." I smiled at her.
After awhile everyone began shuffling out and heading to their assigned common rooms. I followed Pansy down the halls and stairwells until we reached the entrance to ours. It was so dark and quiet down here, it reminded me of the dungeons at BAM. We entered the common room and everything was green and black with splashes of gray and white. There were large bookshelves stacked high with old books and from the looks of it no one read them because they were covered in dust. There were also large glass windows that looked into a lake. The water was dark and murky but the moonlight shining through it made it seem inviting.
"Just so you know," Pansy said, interrupting my thoughts. "We are having a party tomorrow night to celebrate classes being out for the holidays. We throw the best ones and since we're down in the dungeons, no one hears us! We throw one every year at this time, and you happen to be so lucky to have arrived just in time for it. It'll give you a chance to meet more people!"
"Okay." I smiled.
"Don't be so shy. Everyone here looks out for each other. Slytherin is like one big family." Pansy gently placed her hand on my arm and smiled.
"Just kiss already." Draco snickered from behind us, where he was plopped down on a couch with his feet up on a dark oak coffee table.
He glared at me again and my stomach dropped, it must have shown on my face because Draco smirked.
"You look like a frightened puppy." He laughed.
"Oh leave her alone Malfoy!" Blaise grunted next to him.
Draco snarled at him then looked back at me. Our eyes met and it was like the air left the room. His cheeks went red and he ripped his stare away from me and began intently watching the fire. I huffed and walked over to the couch opposite of theirs and sat down.
"It's okay, my mother always told me that when a boy is mean to you, it's because they like you." I glared at him as he snapped his attention back to me.
"Oh piss off new girl." He snapped.
"I have a name." I smirked.
He ignored me.
"Clover. Or Clov, whatever you prefer." I leaned forward and stuck my hand out for him to shake.
He looked down at my hand and sat forward.
"I prefer new girl." He grunted, sitting back again.
I dropped my hand and stood back up, heading towards Pansy who was waiting to show me our room. We began walking up a smaller flight of stairs and I looked back just in time to catch Draco watching me. Once he noticed I was looking, he turned his attention back to the fire. Don't worry Draco... I'll get you to like me.