TwentyFour: I Will Love You, Until The End

I stumbled through the hall, watching students and professors clutch the lifeless bodies of their friends and loved ones. It has never occurred to me that people, people I knew would die. My bones screamed at me with every step I took and my skin burned but I kept moving down halls and half crumbled stairs. The ringing in my ears has stopped but it was now replaced with the sounds of wails and cries for help. I stumbled over a pile of rocks and landed on my hands and knees, face to face with a body of a student. I stared at the back of their head, my heart began thundering in my chest and I couldn't tell if I was breathing or not. That hair, that skin, that smell, no. It couldn't be. I rolled them over and immediately collapsed against their chest, sobbing and screaming.
"LORENZO!" I cried.
I couldn't breath and my throat became raspy and sore for my screams. I began beating his chest, hoping it would wake him up but he didn't budge. His chest wasn't moving and his eyes were closed. I brought my shaking hands to my mouth and just sat there, staring at him. I didn't know what to do or say so there I sat.
"Oh what a shame." Someone hissed from down the hall. "Poor baby brother."
I looked up to see Felix slowly walking my way.
"What?" I blinked, realizing what he had said.
"Oh? You didn't know? That handsome little devil was my dear baby brother." He smiled, picking his nails with his wand.
I stood up and pulled my wand out, aiming it right at him. My arm was shaking and my fingers were trembling but not from fear or exhaustion, from rage.
"We've already been here love." He hissed. "Just put the wand down like a good girl."
"I'm done being scared of you. I'm done hurting and I'm done running." I seethed.
"Clover?- fuck."
I turned my head to see Draco, staring at me as I stood over Lorenzo's body with my wand aimed at Felix.
"Did you know?" I cried.
"Know what?" He asked in defeat still staring at Lorenzo beneath me.
"Who his father is?" I shouted. "Lorenzo's father is Voldemort!"
Draco's eyes flickered up to me then over to Felix and back down to Lorenzo.
"No. But it makes sense now." He whispered, slowly walking closer to me.
"You think you were the only one with a task? My- our father told him to keep an eye on good old Draco Malfoy to make sure he was doing as he was told. All the extra stuff was on his own accord." He smirked.
"Extra stuff?" Draco asked.
"Fucking your girlfriend." Felix raised an eyebrow.
Draco and I flashed a look at each other and a look of hurt flashed over his face before his stare became soft. He slowly blinked his eyes and sighed.
"All of that to the side, I know he was my friend. My best friend. He may have had a task, like myself, but I know he cared for me." Draco seethed.
"Yeah he showed he cared a lot when he was licking your girlfriend, tasting her-"
"THATS ENOUGH!" I screamed, rage pouring from my ears now.
I had heard enough from him.
"I have spent to much of my time fearing you and wanting to burn my flesh off my bones in all the places you have touched me. You're a filthy excuse for a human and this world would be better without you!" I barked.
I felt Draco walk up behind me, placing his hand on my arm that was still outstretched, pointing my wand at Felix.
"What are you gonna do girl, turn me into a toad?" He laughed.
I smirked.
"Crucio!" I screamed and a flash of light left my wand and hit him in the chest.
I watched as he fell to the ground, his body convulsing and grunts and whines slipping out of his lips. I slowly walked closer to him and kneeled in front of him.
"I want you to feel every ounce of hate I have for you. Every ounce of pain you have put me through. I want it to be burned onto your flesh and etched into your bones. Every time you look in the mirror I want you to remember this moment and-" suddenly Felix reached up and grabbed my face in his hands.
He was still screaming and writhing but his thumbs were digging in deeper and deeper into my eye sockets. I reached up, grabbing his wrists and twisting and pulling to try and get him off. The pressure in my eyes began pushing against the back of my head and I began screaming and begging for him to let me go.
"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Draco shouted and a flash of green light shot across the room, striking Felix in the head, causing him to slump over and release my face.
I fell backwards and scurried away from him, grabbing my face with one hand. I felt Draco grab my shoulders and pull me to my feet, trying to rip my hands away from my eyes.
"Draco it hurts!!" I shouted.
"I know love, let me see!" He grunted still fighting my hands away.
Finally I released my face and blinked my eyes a few times. My vision was there, it was just blurry and my eyes felt like I had stabbed forks in them.
"You're okay. You're okay. Everything's okay." Draco began gasping as he clutched me to his chest.
I could hear his heart thundering and his lungs gasping for air. I could see Felix slouched over on the ground next to us and it hit me what Draco had just done. I pulled away from him, staring at his face. His eyes were large and his skin was pale. He was trembling where he stood and looked like a lost puppy. He was scared. I rushed forward, grabbing his face in my hands and gently pressed my lips on his. He tried to pull away but I held firm, eventually he gave in and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in tight and kissing me back. I could feel tears hitting my cheeks but not from me, from him. His body was shaking and he began sobbing into our kiss. I broke our kiss and he rested his head on top of mine, Squeezing me tighter. I held on to him and squeezed my eyes shut, fighting back my own tears. I had to be strong for him right now. We pulled apart and I placed my hand in his, wiping his cheeks with my other hand.
"You saved me Draco." I gently smiled.
He nodded but his face was still grave. I knew it would take time but he would be okay. We walked hand in hand to meet with everyone else who was standing in the court yard. Voldemort and Harry were shouting at each other when suddenly there was a blast of light from each of them. They began fighting, pushing each other back with spells of green and red. I clutched on to Draco's arm, not able to rip my eyes away, silently cheering on Harry. Suddenly the lights stopped, and Harry let out one final spell that hit Voldemort in his chest. He fell to his knees, hissing at the world as his skin slowly evaporated and blew away with the wind. I looked up at Draco who took a deep breath and dropped his shoulders, almost like the world had just been set right again. He looked down at me and his face changed from dark and heavy to a smile.
Draco Malfoy, smiling at me... my home. My heart. We would be okay.
I placed my hand on his cheek and smiled back at him.
"I will love you... until the end, Draco Malfoy."