TwentyThree: Fight Back

I ran as fast as I could back to the common rooms and found Lorenzo still sitting on the couch reading.
"We have to run!" I shouted.
Lorenzo flinched, startled by my sudden regency. He still didn't look at me but shuffled around in his seat.
"I'm not kidding Lorenzo, we have to get Blaise and-"
Suddenly there was a loud crashing sound coming from somewhere in the school. Lorenzo jumped up and looked at me, surprise and confusion all over his face.
"There are death eaters in the school." I stated.
"What?" He gasped.
"There are death-"
"I heard you the first time but how do you know? What's going on?" He interrupted me.
"Just- we have to get out of here!"
We stared at each other for a moment, not knowing what to do.
"Where's Draco?" He asked, taking a few steps towards me.
"He- um- they-" I stuttered.
"Fuck." Lorenzo whispered.
He stormed past me towards the door to the hall.
"Where are you going?" I whined.
"To find Draco!" He snapped.
With that, he left. I stood there not knowing what to do, terrified. Suddenly my arm began to burn like it was resting over a hot flame. I grabbed it and realized it was my dark mark. What the fuck was going on. I followed Lorenzo out just in time to be stampeded by a crowd of students rushing into the common room. I caught a glimpse of Lorenzo rounding a corner to head up the stairs to the main halls and I ran after him. I caught up to him and began walking a few steps behind him.
"What are you doing clover?" He muttered.
"I know you're angry with me but I'm not gonna let you storm off into this mess alone. I'm going with you to find him." I demanded.
He just sighed and shook his head and we continued walking in silence.
"I love him Lorenzo. I can't just-"
"I know." He whispered.
I watched him as we walked, wondering if our friendship would ever be the same again. There was another loud crash followed by shouting from the great hall. We walked in to find a group of students and a few professors standing around. The windows were shattered and professor snape was standing in front of everyone. The boy named Harry was yelling something at him and suddenly the professor warped into a black ball and flew out the window, leaving everyone behind, confused. I spotted Draco just as he turned and locked eyes with me. He hurriedly walked over to me and before I could get a word out he crashed his lips against mine. My body instantly melted into his, feeling safe and at home, wrapped in the scent of mint. Feeling his hands on my waist and his lips on mine made it seem like the world was at peace but then he pulled away suddenly and everything came rushing back.
"I love you. Don't come looking for me. Get out of here." That was all he said before he disappeared too.
Panic set in.
No. Where did he go. What was going on.
My body began to shake and I felt tears stinging my eyes. Lorenzo stormed over to me and grabbed my hand.
"Where are we going? We have to find him!" I cried.
"We may not be in a good place but I'll be damned if I leave my best friends girl behind." He shouted.
He began dragging me out into the hall when suddenly it was like my mind went fuzzy. There was a voice speaking to me.
Voldemort.
Flashes from that morning i received my dark mark came flooding in and I fell to the floor. My dark mark began burning and all I could do was sit there staring at it.
"I have to go!" I shouted at Lorenzo who was kneeling down beside me.
"Clover- no!" He argued.
"I'm sorry! Find Blaise and get somewhere safe."
I threw my wand in the air and apparated. When I came to and my vision cleared, I was at the manor. I didn't know why I chose to come here but this is where I felt I needed to be. I slowly stepped inside and there were a large group of people talking and cheering.
"The old twat is dead!" They were shouting.
"Dumbledoor is no more!" They chanted.
I spotted Felix and Lucious standing at the head of the group by the stairs and suddenly I felt like I shouldn't have come. I shrank into a corner of the room, hoping they wouldn't notice I was here but Felix spotted me and a large, sadistic smile grew on his lips. He began snaking his way through the crowd to get to me and my body froze. It was like cement had incased my feet and I couldn't move.
"Ah. Hello clover." He hissed.
"Get away from me."
He towered over me, backing me into the corner. He gently placed his fingers on my cheek wiping a tear I didn't even know had fallen.
"Don't be scared. I'll protect you." He cooed.
I turned my head away and squeezed my eyes shut. He grabbed my throat and pushed me against the wall, bringing his lips to my ear. No one even batted an eye at us. They were all celebrating and cheering.
"The dark lord was very upset I didn't put a baby in your belly. I don't like upsetting father. Maybe I should take you upstairs right now and-"
"NO!" I screamed, shoving him away.
I was tired of being scared. I was tired of getting hurt and thrown around.
"You little bitch." He hissed through his teeth.
He raised his hand and slapped me across my face. My cheek began to sting and my ears began ringing. I pulled my wand out and aimed it at him. He took a step back but smiled.
"What are you gonna do? Make me float. I bet you don't even know any big girl spells to protect yourself do you?" He sang.
I knew enough to help me but right now my brain was fuzzy and I couldn't think straight. My hand began to tremble and I looked around for anyone to help but people began disappearing out of the room, leaving just him and I alone. My eyes locked on his and suddenly I felt more scared than I have in awhile.
"Looks like they decided to give us the room." He smirked.
He lunged forward, knocking my wand from my hand. I jumped back, trying to get more distance between us.
"It's okay. I'll be gentle... at first." He smiled and grabbed me by the arm, whipping me around and slamming me into the wall.
He pushed his body against mine, holding my arms down at my sides.
"The more you fight, the more I want it." He growled in my ear.
I felt his hands slithering down my waist and to my pants, working to pull them off. I threw my head back as hard as I could, hearing a crack as it made contact with his nose. He dropped my arms and stumbled back, grabbing his now bleeding face. I turned around and ran for my wand but he lunged forward, causing me to trip over myself and fall on my stomach. I began crawling forward as fast as I could but I felt his hand grab my hair and pull me up. I was now staring at his face that was covered in blood. He was gritting his teeth and his eyes were full of rage. I had to get out of here. I spat on him, hoping it would do something but it didn't. He punched me in the gut, causing all the air to rush out of my lungs. I began coughing and grunting, fighting to breath as he landed another blow, this time to the side of my head. My ears began ringing again and he finally dropped me to the floor. He was standing over me as I writhed around trying to catch my breath. He kneeled down in front of me and I reached up, clawing his eyes. He fell back and I jumped for my wand. The second I felt my fingers graze the cool wood of its handle I apparated. Suddenly I was back at the school, laying on the floor in the great hall. I got up on my hands and knees, wheezing and begging my body to just breath in. I stood up and looked around realizing there was chaos everywhere. Students running, spells flying and the building was crumbling around me. I began stumbling out into the hall, or what was left of it. A spell whizzed past my ear, causing me to loose balance and fall to the floor. I felt a hand grab me and I tried to fight it off.
"Clover! It's me!" They shouted.
I could barley hear them from the thundering of the war going on around me and the ringing in my ears. I looked up to see Draco, his eyes huge and locked on me. I stood up, holding on to his arm and collapsed against him. I realized I had blood dripping from my mouth, my shirt was torn across my stomach and my pants were almost to my knees.
"What the fuck happened!?" He shouted.
"Felix- he-" I gasped, fixing my pants.
Draco didn't say anything, instead he grabbed me and threw me behind a pillar that was barley standing. I sat for a moment, finally catching my breath and wiping my mouth.
"What's happening?" I asked.
Draco was grabbing me and turning me over and over, checking to make sure I was okay.
"I'm fine!" I fought him off me so he would answer my question.
"He's here clover." He hissed.
"Fuck." I moaned.
We sat for a few moments in silence , me in his arms and him brushing my hair back. If it was the end, I'd rather go out like this. This was where I belonged. It was where I always belonged. With him.
"I love you." I whispered.
"I know." He pressed his lips to the top of my head. "I don't deserve it."
"Say it back." I whined.
"I love you too, Clover. I always have."
The world was crashing down around us. Spells were being shot left and right and I could hear people screaming. Draco began to shuffle around, trying to wiggle out from under me.
"Don't leave me!" I begged.
"I have to find Lorenzo." He stated.
"Stay here. I'll be back." He assured me.
I nodded and watched as he stormed off. After awhile I realized it had gone quiet but Draco still wasn't back. I stood up and peered out, seeing bodies and rubble everywhere. It had ended. It was over.