Nine: About Last Night

When I opened my eyes, I was still laying on the bed. I sat up and felt like someone had taken a hammer to my head. I realized I was under the blankets and when I went to climb out of the bed I was naked. I stared at myself for a few moments before I remembered what had happened right before I fell asleep. I slowly sat back down and stared at the floor when the door opened and Blaise walked in.
"Clover? Why are you in my room? And why are you naked? I didn't know you thought of me like that." He laughed, but his laugh slowly faded when he examined me a little closer. "Clover.. your legs!"
I looked down and gasped when I saw I had bruises all over my thighs and waist.
"What the fuck happened last night?" He asked, grabbing a blanket and rushing to cover me up.
"Uh. I don't- I don't know. I was drunk and some guy offered to help me-" I stopped talking.
"Clover." He whispered.
I sat there staring at the floor. No. This didn't happen. It was a misunderstanding. I fell. I was drunk and I fell. I realized Blaise was holding me on the floor as I cried into his shirt but I couldn't feel anything.
"DRACO!" I screamed.
Blaise shot up and bolted from the room, leaving me crying on the floor. How could I be so stupid. How could I let this happen. This was my fault. I climbed on to the bed but quickly rolled back on to the floor. I didn't want to be in that bed. I didn't want to be in this house. Pansy came running in and fell to her knees in front of me.
"Clover! Breath!" She shouted at me.
I realized I was hyperventilating and sobbing at the same time. She was holding my face and wiping my tears while trying to comfort me. A little while later Blaise came back with Lorenzo.
"I called Draco." He said softly as Pansy was brushing my hair while I laid in her lap.
"Why the hell did you call him? He's not going to help in this situation!" Lorenzo shouted.
"He will help more than you think mate." Blaise said under his breath.
Just then there was loud banging on his front door and Blaise rushed back out of the room. I could hear shouting followed by running footsteps towards us. Draco barged in the room, his eyes frantically jumping from person to person until they landed on me. He dropped to his knees at the same time I sat up and scrambled to him across the floor. I slammed myself into him and began screaming into his chest. He pressed his lips to the top of my head and began scooping me into his arms.
"What the fuck! Where are you taking her?" Pansy screamed at him as Draco began carrying me out of the room.
"Somewhere safe since none of you can keep a fucking eye on her!" Draco barked at them.
"Wait. Are you two dating?" Lorenzo asked.
I heard Blaise shush him but all I could focus on was the smell of mint filling my nose. I realized I stopped crying and before I knew it Draco was laying me in a bed. I sat up and frantically looked around the room, bringing my knees to my chest.
"Clover. It's okay. You're safe." Draco cooed.
"Where are we?" I panicked.
"My house. You're in my bed."
I looked at him and the sight of his eyes, the icy blue, fixed on me calmed my nerves. I sank down into his bed and pulled the covers up, catching my breath.
"Who the fuck did this?" His voice was deep and a dark expression swept across his face.
"I don't know." I whispered.
"Well what the fuck did he look like? And why were you even there?" He snarled.
"I was staying at Pansys house and her family was invited there for a Christmas party." I shakily explained. "Please just-" I felt a lump form in my throat.
I looked at him and could see pain flash across his face. He quietly stood up and walked in to the joining bathroom. I heard the shower start and watched as he walked back in, slowly pulling the covers away from my body. I heard his breath hitch as my legs were revealed. Tears stung the backs of my eyes as I saw just how dark they were. He scooped me back up into his arms and he carried me into the bathroom and sat me down in the shower on the floor. He unbuttoned his shirt and threw it to the floor to keep it from getting wet. He grabbed a bar of soap and began to lather it in his hands before pressing it against my body and gently scrubbing. I watched his face and he concentrated on washing me, being careful around my bruises.
"I'm so sorry." His voice cracked.
"This wasn't your fault." I whispered.
"I should have been there. I told my father I didn't want to go but if I would have known-"
"Exactly. You didn't know." I grabbed his hand and stopped him from washing me. "Look at me."
His face was stone but I saw a tear roll down his cheek.
"Draco. Look at me." I pleaded.
He slowly lifted his eyes to meet mine and his face scrunched.
"I told you. I told you these people were dangerous. My life is dangerous." He whimpered.
"Draco."
"You should have stayed at your old school. You should have never came to Hogwarts. I should have left you alone."
"Draco!" I shouted, sitting up and grabbing his face. "Get in with me."
His face looked confused but he stood up and undressed and stepped in sitting behind me on the shower floor. He wrapped his arms around me and I could feel him take a deep breath. Feeling him touch me almost made everything seem okay.
"I wrote you back." I said softly.
"I saw it this morning." He said.
"What was so important that you would be so busy?" I asked, trying to change the subject.
Draco sighed and leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes.
"Draco?" I asked.
"Clover, not now." He mumbled.
"Yes now. If we talk about me more than I'm going to cry and I don't want to cry." I said.
He looked down at me and bit his lip.
"I just found you, now I'm going to lose you." He whispered.
"Draco. You couldn't lose me." I turned around and placed my hand on his cheek.
"My family- my father, works for... the dark lord." He spat out.
My stomach dropped. It was like someone had just punched me in the gut.
"What-" I gasped.
"And he has some work that I'm supposed to be doing for him, in place of my father, since my father can't get into Hogwarts as easily as I can as a student." He continued.
"The room of requirements?"
He slowly nodded.
"But what does an old cabinet have to do with the dark lord?" I asked, confused.
"It's a vanishing cabinet. You can transfer things between two of them." He explained.
"What are you stealing from Hogwarts?" I asked.
"Not stealing. I'm bringing something in. Someone in."
My eyes grew large.
"You're bringing him into the school?" I asked.
"No. Death eaters." He said quietly.
"Are- are you a death eater?" I slowly asked.
"No!"
I took a breath, feeling more relieved from that.
"Not yet." He finished.
I looked down at the floor then back up at him.
"Do you want to be one?" I asked quietly.
"Fuck no! I hate all of this. I hate my father and I hate the dark lord but if I don't then..." he stopped.
"Then what?"
"He will kill me." He blurted.
"Okay then." I said.
"Okay?" Draco asked, confused.
"I'm not losing you so if all you have to do is fix some cabinet, then fine. I'll help you." I turned back around and leaned against him.
"No." Draco flatly said.
"End of discussion." I argued. "I'm helping."
We sat there in silence for a few more moments before we got out and dried off.