ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 16

Darkness enveloped the skies. Taehyung couldn't see anything. All he could hear was Jungkook's heavy breathing, one moment he could feel it close and the next moment, it was somewhere far.  The breathing did not have a continuous range meaning Jungkook was intentionally holding his breathe wile switching places. He was playing games with Taehyung.

Taehyung realized Jungkook was messing with him the moment he was pushed into a dark abandoned cottage. No matter how much he called, Jungkook wouldn't answer. The space was narrow but jammed with Furnitures. Without any source of light to guide him, Taehyung was bumping into every single piece. 

" Jeon, what are you doing? Why did you bring me here? Answer now! I don't want to play hide and seek in this haunted looking house."

Giggles from the left of Taehyung. 

" Listen now, prince. Here is your first assignment. Imagine you get abducted by a strong, handsome man and get locked up in a dark, dingy cell. Tell me how you would escape this situation?", Jungkook's voice was coming from the right side of Taehyung. Taehyung stilled.

Hiding the trace of panic in his voice, Taehyung asked," Jeon, tell me now, where are you? Are you to my left or right?"

A snicker from the left.

" Huh? Why would I tell you that? Focus on your assignment. Don't ask unnecessary questions." 

Right.

Taehyung was trying to make out the figure of a dark silhouette to his left. Hoping that was Jungkook and not some random cloth hanger or worse another human being, Taehyung continued, " Is it only just the two of us here?"

" Yes, why would there be someone else at this hour?" 

Taehyung's mouth went dry, Jungkook's voice was definitely from the right. It wasn't just the two of them, there was someone else lurking in the shadows.  Taehyung knew the third person was listening, he had to play this slick. 

" Hmm, Master if someone was trying to trap me in a place like this, I would hide in a safe space and wait for help."

" Pffttt...that's it?"

Taehyung realized Jungkook was walking. His voice was shifting places. He was almost walking towards the dark figure. Taehyung had to let him know of the danger. He had to notify Jungkook as soon as possible.

" I... I will...hmmm. I don't know. What will you do, Master?"

" Wow, you are giving up so easily? I didn't take the prince for a quitter-"

Taehyung asked again before letting Jungkook finish, " Jeon....Tell me what you would do if you were trapped in a dark room with an unknown person." 

His tone conveyed urgency.

" What I would do is......"

 Jungkook's voice trailed off, so did his breathing. 

Teahyung went full on panic mode.

" Jeon ? Jeon Jungkook? Where are you? Jungkook are you alright? Tell me where are you?!!"

Taehyung was frantically trying to search for Jungkook but, it was like looking for a needle in a heap of hay. Useless. 

Taehyung didn't stop calling.

" Jeon Jungkook!!! You better answer me!! You are in for a big trouble young man. Where are you? Please....please answer me..."

Taehyung's voice was losing it's volume. He slumped into a corner and bit his nails. Tears started forming in his eyes unintentionally. He wasn't weak but, he was scared. Taehyung brought his knees close to his chest and started crying on it. He knew this wasn't a prank. He knew that Jungkook was in danger but, what he didn't know was a solution. He didn't know what to do besides crying. Taehyung curled up into an even smaller ball. He couldn't stop sobbing. The last time he cried like this was when his grandma died. What was going to happen to Jungkook?

******************************************************

Taehyung felt his eyes sting not because of the tears but, because of a sharp light incident on him. Taehyung slowly raised his head from his knees and opened his eyes with difficulty, only to see Jungkook crouching down to his level with a torch in his hand.

He smiled and looked down, " This is what I would do."

Taehyung was confused but that soon washed away as he followed Jungkook's gaze pointing towards the scene before him, Taehyung slightly stumbled back. His gaze shot back to Jungkook, horror evident on his face. 

Jungkook smirked," Don't be too soft, prince. The world is harsh, so should we."

Taehyung gulped as Jungkook stood up and started walking away. Taehyung got up and followed while wiping his tears hurriedly. Taehyung didn't want to look back but, he couldn't help it. He turned back once for a quick look at the torch lit image of the brutally beat up man on the floor. He was gagged with a piece of black clothing, His eyes were purple and swollen, bruises were visible all over his body, he was spitting blood. The man couldn't even help himself as his hands were cuffed together with a tight rope. 

Taehyung turned his head back and settled his eyes on Jungkook's broad back. Jungkook was not the person he perceived him to be. Jeon Jungkook was monster with an angel disguise. He cannot be trusted. 

Taehyung was heavy in his thoughts that he did not notice the hands dragging away the injured body behind him.