ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 17

Taehyung sat in the middle of his chamber, preparing notes about Jungkook. He took numerous pages and wrote a few points but, soon realized the notes did not have head or tail as it was just random points written here and there.  Taehyung did not know how to fill the blank spaces he left in between sentences; he did not know anything about Jungkook but, what can he do? It's not like he can just walk up to Jungkook and ask about his past, present and future, especially not after today's incident. Taehyung sat there frying his brain, trying to come up with an idea. While zoning out, Taehyung eye caught a glimpse of something pretty near the corner of his closet.

Kitten heels.

' Jungkook didn't take it?'

As he stared at the kitten heels mindlessly, a solution popped up in his head. If he needed information about Jungkook, the best person to ask is Jungkook's sister- Jeon Hara.

***********************************************************************

Taehyung knew exactly where Hara would be. It was not like he was stalking her. It natural for you to know the schedule of the person you admire, right? Okay, maybe he was stalking but, it wasn't in a creepy way. Taehyung adored Hara since the moment he met her. When Hara first stepped into the palace, she was a little kid (7 years or so), her tiny hands were clenching on to the fabric of her hanbok, in nervousness. Taehyung remembers laughing at how wide her eyes went even at the slightest amusements the palace had to offer. He remembers falling in love with the dimples that sunk into her cheeks whenever he was around. It is hard to explain what happened but one day Hara just drifted away. She started treating Taehyung like a complete stranger and from then on, things between them were never the same. Taehyung did hold a bit of grudge against her. So, for revenge, whenever he runs into Hara, he would intentionally pretend to not know her by asking her to remind him of her name. Hara knows Taehyung is playing but, it still gets on her nerve, every single time.

Taehyung stood outside the art room watching Hara through the creeks of the door. She seems to be busy painting something. Her mind was dead focused on the work, giving her an attentive look but, the splint of red paint on her nose was not letting Taehyung take her seriously. He slightly pushed the door open and made his way inside. Hara's eyes shot up to the entrance, on seeing Taehyung, she quickly turned her page and started painting on a fresh one. Taehyung didn't question, he just walked up to a seat behind her and sat there.

" You are back to painting."

" I never stopped."

He knew.

" Ohh.. I didn't know."

Hara didn't say anything more and the following few minutes were filled with awkwardness.

" Hara, can I ask you about Jungkook?"

Hara's brush stopped midway. Hoping Taehyung didn't sense the hesitation, she continued painting.

" What about him?"

" Can you tell me a little bit about his past? I was wondering why my parents were adamant on choosing him out of all the men in Ero."

" I'm not sure, prince. I know very little about him. I've been in the palace since Jungkook was five. We rarely met."

" But, he is still your brother. You both seem very close as well. You must know something."

" All I know is Jungkook has established a good name for himself and people of Southern Ero has great respect for him."

" I see...Thanks."

That was the cue for Taehyung to get up and leave but, he found himself not moving. Hara stopped painting and slumped into her seat.

" Prince..."

" Hmmm?"

Hara took a deep breathe, " I don't go sleeping around. I was with Prince Minjae because I love him."

Taehyung didn't say anything. 

"He wasn't always like this. He was kind and compassionate, always held out a helping hand for anyone in need. He had a loving heart. That's the man I fell in love with."

Something inside Taehyung was aching. Hara wasn't crying but she was sniffling.

" He used to treat me like a princess. He made me feel so special and now....now he just treats me like some kind of toy. He only comes to me for sex. I give in because I'm afraid to lose him. I can't imagine losing him."

Taehyung decided to just be a listener. That's what Hara needed right now, she wanted someone to listen.

" I want to hate him, prince. I really do. He treats his dogs better than me. That day when you and Jungkook walked in on us, I begged him to stay. He didn't listen. He left me there all alone to deal with the problem. The old Minjae would've never done that."

" You saw what he was trying to do to me. Wasn't that enough for you to stop pursuing him?", Taehyung couldn't help the question.

" I was just so blinded. I assured myself that he was just messing with you and even if I hadn't come, he would've just left you after giving you a little scare. I know I'm convincing myself with all of these but, every time I think about cutting ties with him, all the beautiful moments we had together keeps flashing before me. It makes me believe I can change him."

" I don't know about that." Taehyung's voice was bitter.

Hara teared up more.

Taehyung made his way to Hara. He was going to wipe away her tears but, stopped himself and wiped the paint across her nose, smudging it.

" Hara, you cannot change someone who isn't willing to change. If Minjae wants to change, he will and if he doesn't, he won't. There's nothing you can do about it. If you want to be happy, you should choose whether you want to stay with him or not. "

Hara nodded and gave a genuine smile. Her dimples back in display, just as breathtaking as Taehyung remembers it.

" Thanks, Tae. I needed that."

Hara did not realize her informal tone or that she had called the prince by his name. Taehyung held back a smile as he gave her a little pat and walked out.

Taehyung's face dropped as soon as he exited the chamber.

' Don't tell me, I still have feelings for her.'