Part 2

Pete has long forgotten the great mafia. In the end he was just a sidekick no one of great importance they won't even remember him dying.
They should be thinking he has died when the major clan's east wing burned during the fight. He was alone their.
Well he was sent their to make sure Chay the dear brother of Porsche could exit the building without any harm.He had searched the burning east wing screaming the boy's name when a adjacent burning heavy  cupboard fell on him crushing his foot and burning his back. With severe difficulty  and a bamboo stick as a leverage to free his foot, he has crawled away from their. He has soon lost his consciousness due to excessive smoke. When he has woken up east wing fire has spread far in opposite direction maybe because of the wind. It was truly good blessing that his side of area didn't get burned that much and maybe due to heat, water pipe burst from the washroom soaking his body into water and acting as a protective sheild. Water sprinkle system must have been sabotage by the minor family as none of them worked.it truly was a miracle.  From the window he could see it was already sunrise. He could see some dead dead body floating in the pond that once belonged to Elizabeth and Sebastian.He slowly walked out from the back door in middle of burning montage. All he could see was dead body lying in the place which was once  home to him. People belonging to major clan whom he dined with and those frequently seen faces of minor clan. He didn't knew what was the result whether the fight is still going or it has already ended. Which side has won? He has no idea at that time. Soon he could listen to few people talking that war has ended. He didn't feel anything. No joy or sorrow.Nor was he interested in the result. Looking around at the destruction he felt his life amount to nothing at all.he walked away at that very moment.

Then life moves on again.
Many years passed away.

Unknown to Pete someone has found the small nest he had created.

Clicking the photo and sending it back

Vegas looked at the photos on his desk.
'His smile is still the same ...same dimple....eyes still narrowed down into a slit..'

Even the spy wasn't clear why  he was taking photos of a handicapped ugly man with a child.

Vegas finger traces the outline of lips on the photo.
His alpha purred.
'Mine..'
His eyes narrowed down to next picture in stack. Pete standing with a child in his arms, both smiling.

This was not what he has expected.
He felt betrayed.
How could he be happy without him in his life? His Pete should not be like this.
'how old is this child??'

Nop hesitate but still replied.
'5 year old'
A smile bloomed on Vegas face . He is my cub.

'we need to go their now'

Nop still hesitated but agreed.

.
.
.
.
"It's been a long time"
That was the last thing Pete remember.
Vegas!! Why? How??? What about Phayu??
Pete was drifting in and out of the thoughts.
Pete quietly took a knife in his hand and sat opposite to Vegas.
Vegas smilled. He felt as if a little kitten was showing anger.
"What do you want???"
"You are quite arrogant for someone who lived in hiding for years."
"....."

Vegas smilled.

Pete hated it. Pete hated this smile other person had on his lips. He hated how confident he was as if he still had some power on him.

Phayu entered the shop running.
Vegas eyes sparkled with anticipation.
Lips turning into an arch as he looked at the boy with joy.
Before Vegas could lay a hand on Phayu. Pete picked him up quickly and while coaxing him  he took Phayu inside and closed the door at last.
Vegas looked at Pete behaviour clearly offended as he was treated like a pervert. He was being denied of his own blood.
Eyes seething with anger he demanded as he let his pheromones out.
Room was filled with nasty smell making it difficult for Pete to balance his body.
Pete voice roared.
"Vegas!!!" He slapped him while still supporting his body with chair.
He panted as Vegas controlled himself.
"That is my child...."
Pete looked at him with confusion and then laughed.
" He is not your child
....he is mine and only mine"

Vegas looked with adoration at Pete. He is still feisty as he was.
"No worries....we can discuss this slowly.."
Before Pete could understand what Vegas ment. He was gently manhandled by Vegas. Vegas has squeezed Pete neck  and pushed him against the close door as he watched Pete's face turn red due to lack of oxygen. Pete hand scrambling in defence. Pete felt useless. If the old Pete was here he could have easily taken 10 alphas at the same time. Vegas injected  a serum on his shoulder.
"Don't worry it won't sting"

Pete eyes slowly closed.
Vegas held Pete's limp body against his chest. Cuddling him like a small animal.
Pete body has lost lots of weight. Vegas felt he was holding a doll in his arms.
Their was a knock from the inside a small voice that followed.
"Dada....I did it..can we eat"
Vegas smilled. He voiced Nop to come forward. Nop opened the door and held protesting Phayu.
"Go easy on him..."
"Sorry Sir"

Vegas hummed and creases Pete  face gently.
"Welcome back"
When Pete wakes up  he found his foot chained to one leg of the bed. He was familiar with the setting. He had no clothes on his body. He smelled really nice for some reason.