Part-16

Pete sat on the corner his eyes fixed on the dead body in front of him.
Blood spattered on his clothes.
On the left Vegas sat on a chair smoking a cigarette.
The gunshot's impact was devastating, the result of an impossibly close range that unleashed a violent explosion within the delicate confines of the brain. 
Vegas' eyes moved to Pete who was still watching the process of the room being cleaned. 

Vegas looked at Pete. Still taking a puff of the cigarette.  He looked at the blood splattered on Pete. Vegas was joyfully aware that his lover thrived on destruction. Like a force of nature, he seemed drawn to chaos, his very existence stirring up storms that left a trail of turmoil in their wake. It was a daunting realization, one that tugged at his heart and mind. He loved it. He adored it. Vegas' mind couldn't help but reminisce about the past. The time he had held Pete hostage and tortured him. Pete would smile when he electrocuted him. The only time he got scared was when he had opened  Pete's legs wide apart and taken him by force. He is not very proud of that incident but he couldn't deny that he loved the screams. He loved it when Pete tried to run away and he caught him every time. He eventually escaped though.

His eyes moved to Pete who slowly crawled toward the dead body and picked up the ring. Pete tried to get up but fell down. He looked toward Vegas and then turned his head. Slowly trying to get up and supporting his weak body with the help of the wall. Vegas walked behind him holding him by the waist and letting Pete's whole weight on his wide chest. Nop's last words to Pete were still revolving in his mind.

Pete tried to push him away but it was a futile attempt.

"Don't touch me"

Vegas has a mocking smile on his lips.

"Why are you mourning his death?"

Pete scoffed a laugh.

Macau entered the room at that moment.

"What about my father?? You seduced him. Didn't you?? " 

I

Pete rolled his eyes. Pushing Vegas and Macau out of the way. 

Walking out while Vegas walked behind him trying to hold him back.

Macau was even more restless.

"You seduced my father??"

Pete's eyes were blood red as he turned back facing both the brothers.

"Think whatever you both want to think.....but leave me alone...For fucking one day give me a break."

Pete screamed at both and dragged his body toward Kan's study room.

The door was locked. In agitation, he kicked the door and pushed it real hard. 

Nothing worked. He looked back at Vegas and Macau who had followed him there.

"What are you doing??"

"Open this door"

"Why??"

"Just open it...."

Vegas called for the key. The room has been closed after the death of Kan. Servent told them. Nop was the only one who cleaned the room and kept the key.

Pete screamed in frustration.

"Bring me a hammer"

Vegas and Macau were curious too. Vegas was the one who broke the door.

The room was cleaned without a spec of dust.  Pete looked around the room and finally found the painting. He removed the painting and scanned the ring through a scanner. The bookshelf moved away making a path.