Part 7

"I wish I lived on the 9th floor like you..."

Pete smiled. He had seen these eyes beaming from worship and praise many times.

Only people high up in rank would reside on the 9th floor.

Pete was one of them. A legend.  The only Beta that resides on the 9th floor among the top dog alphas.

"Work hard and knock out any member of the 9th floor in the next assessment" 

"Easier said than done..."

Pete has walked away picking up his towel and water bottle not caring enough to give two more scents for any further discussion.

Pete remembered that day very well. Omega with tan skin walked in full of confidence and not shying away from his own attributes.  Pete could smell a little bit of the scent. It was enchanting. Like a sire song. Turning every head present in the room. Pete was one of the admirers.

He should have seen it through. He should have suspected this person's presence. Why would an omega be allowed into a major clan mansion?

He should have kept his distance.  

An omega on his first day was assigned to the 9th floor. He had listened to the whispers and envy in the voice of many. Pete didn't take part in it but he knew he was one of them.

He felt jealous that an omega could move without scent blockers. The said omega was flamboyant. The first time he met Porsche, he presented himself half-nude with an awkward smile.

They had laughed later while sharing lunch.

 ________________________

Pete woke up sweating. Vegas' arms were draped around him. He was like a human size pillow for the other person.

He pushed Vegas away and with great strength tried to get up from the bed. The attempt was not successful as he fell down on the floor. He felt he keeps getting weaker day by day.

Vegas was still deep in sleep. It took a lot of Pete's strength to get up using bed as a support.

He looked at the watch and soon entered the washroom. Quickly gettng under the shower and that was enough to wake him up. Door was still open rather Pete was unable to close it down. Due to the chain attached to his leg. 

He sighed as he looked down at the chain.

When you are in despair nothing could hurt more than a happy memory. He woke up today dreaming about the time he used to share food with Porsche.

'Keep it together....Keep it together....I can still make it out...'

Pete gave himself a small pep talk. 

It's been 2 week still he has mated with Vegas. He couldn't walk for a day after the mating. He has been alowed to move around the villa but always under supervision of bodyguards. Vegas still likes to put a chain around his ankle while he is sleeping.

Pete was still blankly looking at the tile walls when Vegas came from behind. His hands automatically around Pete's waist. Pete flinched.

Pete cursed under his breath. 'why the hell you flinched!! You stupid moron!!'

Pete was not ready , so early in the morning for Vegas disapproval or questions.

Nothing came from the other side. Vegas rested his nose on Pete's neck smiling and inhaling the scent. Pete could feel the hard morning wood rubbing his lower abdomen from behind.

Pete still hopes that he could walk his son on  his first day to the new posh school. He did all he could do to politely refuse the advances while not directly speaking about it. He turned to face Vegas.