First Anniversary

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

The above song is 'Haaniya Ve' from the movie 'Thank God'

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

It had been a few days since the awards ceremony and the video of Abhimanyu pulling Priyanka on stage was all over the internet.

Their families had arrived in Delhi, about a week prior to the first anniversary of Abhimanyu and Priyanka's wedding in order to be with the couple to celebrate their one year of togetherness.

Abhimanyu's parents and Samar teased him relentlessly because of the viral video, while little Payal did her best to defend her beloved big brother.

After some unsuccessful attempts, Payal simply gave up and said in an annoyed tone, "I'm tired of trying to defend you Dada. Deal with all their teasing on your own."

Abhimanyu hugged his baby sister lovingly while the others chuckled at the little girl's annoyance.

Priyanka was a blushing mess because her loving husband ignored their family's teasing and behaved as he normally would around her.

Abhimanyu was still the loving, caring and over protective husband. despite the presence of his parents and in laws.

Priyanka tried to control her husband because she didn't want to hear her family tease them continuously for the entire duration of their visit but to no vail.

Aakansha didn't exactly help them by showing their parents video clips of them enjoying their alone time, which she had mostly recorded in secret.

~~~~~~~

Anu was quite surprised to see how her niece looked much more comfortable and free in her new house, than her own Mayaka.

She was slowly understanding her mistakes and did her best to make it up to her niece by teaming up with Rekha to ensure that Priyanka's health was not compromised at any point.

Rekha even took her Samdhans to the orphanage her children had opened, which made Anu understand how much she must have hurt her niece by ignoring her during her childhood.

Rajesh was surprised when his wife had apologised to him for not understanding what he had tried to tell her over the years, whenever they fought about Anu's indifferent behaviour towards Priyanka.

~~~~~~~

Ishika and Vedant were the last ones to arrive and did their best to get everyone in the mood to simply relax and enjoy themselves, until the day of the anniversary.

The ladies had a spa day at home, where some professionals came to give them all manicures and pedicures.

The men spent their day making preparations for the big anniversary party that was to be held in Abhimanyu's office ballroom in a few days.

The next day Ishika forced her sister to get Mehendi applied on her hands for which Priyanka chose a simple design.

Rekha insisted on recreating some of the Shaadi functions to celebrate the love of her children.

Aakansha took this opportunity to control the music system and played the song 'Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna' to tease her Dada and Bhabhi.