Part 17

I got up and we woke up.

Me: sorry I just...

Pedri: it is okay, thank you. I appreciate it.

Me: oh it is nothing. I hope you are okay.

I smiled at him and went to bathroom to get stuff done and to make us breakfast.

He was happy when he saw it and we talked casual while eating.

He went for a practice and I went first to see my dad and went for my internship. Doctors said that he is doing better and that there is a possible chance that he will wake up soon but they are not sure when.

I had a pretty good day at work and when I came for pause I had a coffee on my table with a note.
It said "for my best fake girlfriend -P "
I just smiled and wish it was real. I must stop again myself for starting to feel something for this guy, i must stop, this couldn't be happening.

I decided to do did him even and I went secretly to locker room and I sprayed my perfume on his jersey.

When I came back to work and to do tasks I was given someone texted me.

Pedri: i like it picasso.

Me: how did you know?

Pedri: it is not like we live together or I know your perfume genius.

Me: bad luck...

Pedri: i notice everything ;)

I just smiled and continued to do tasks. I have done my tasks earlier and I went to see my dad to pray for him, went to church to light a candle because it was anniversary for my big brother after his passing and I went home silent.

Pedri came and he was silent.

Me: hey , are you okay?

Pedri: yes I'm just a little bit tired.

He went earlier than usual to sleep and I was a bit worried and after half an hour I checked on him and before I was entering a room i heard like he was crying. I knocked and he just said to come in. He wiped his face quickly.

Me: hey are you okay?

Pedri: yeah yeah just a little bit overwhelmed.

I just patted his back and fourth and just went silent. I don't want to push him to say anything if ue doesn't want.

Me: i'm here you know that?

I looked at him and he nodded and he looked up. I put his chin up.

Me: heyy everything is going to be okay.

He just started to cry. I haven't seen him like this ever.

Me: hey hey.

I just hugged him.

Pedri: i...i...just feel quilty for 4 years now..

Me: why ? You are not quilty.

Pedri: yes i am, because if i haven't crossed the street and have been faster the guy would survive. My dear friend.

Me: it is not your fault.

Pedri: it is, i was just little and needed to get back home and the car was going faster and faster and the guy throw himself and pushed me...i always think about him everyday and especially on this day.....his name was Lucas...