authors note

hi everyone!

i included this as a disclaimer, just now, in an earlier chapter (chapter five, if you'd like to go and read it) but i thought that i would make this it's own little note here just so everyone can see it :)

i just wanted to put a little disclaimer in here to say that i do not use the IT 2017 cast as faceclaims on any of my work.

i do not support jack dylan grazer, as i believe that he is an abuser, a racist, and an overall not great person.

there have been very troubling allegations brought against him, by more than one person- and i just cannot comfortably share his face on my works and feel good about it.

as a survivor of abuse, i've chosen to stand with these victims.

i understand that many of you might view reddie as finn and jack, and that is completely okay! but on my works, the faceclaims are mainly inspired by the IT book, where eddie is blonde :)

i also just picture richie and eddie in a specific way, and choose face claims based on how i see them in my head!

i haven't used finn, jack, or any of the other cast members as my losers club faceclaims since 2017, as they were minors and already seeing so many fans shipping them together, and i do not agree with shipping real people, especially children. so i would never want to contribute to the shipping of finn and jack by using their faces to portray my richie and eddie, especially when they honestly do not look like that in my mind.

even though they aren't my characters completely, the versions of them in my works are- and i am very protective over them as they've been my entire life for so many years. i've been crafting these characters since i was fourteen- im almost twenty. they mean everything to me.

so when i see you all get so upset about how you find my face claims ugly, or how they aren't finn and jack- i sometimes get very upset because i do not enjoy that jack, being the person that i believe him to be, portrays my eddie- if that makes sense.

i understand the confusion, and why you'd be upset- and i'm not upset at all about any of it, i just wish that from here on out, we keep the jack grazer and "fack" comments to a minimum (and i would honestly appreciate if they could cease entirely).

if you aren't aware of the allegations that have been brought against jack grazer, or any of his problematic history, i urge you to look into them!

just be aware that they do touch on violence and abuse, so if you're sensitive to that please be careful when looking into them!

i apologize for any disappointment that this may cause, but i hope that it doesn't deter you from continuing to enjoying my works :)

anyways, i hope you enjoy the next chapter (coming soon:))

happy reading !

stay safe, remember you're loved <3

- author bee 🦕