thirty five

incoming call from Bevvy

"hello?" eddie answered quickly, not able to contain the excitement that filled his voice. he hadn't realized how often he was around bev until after she was across the world and away from him.

"oh, so you are just ignoring me." eddie eyes went wide and he felt like his heart was going to stop. the voice was not that of his best friend, but that of richie tozier.

"uh i think you have the wrong number." richie scoffed. eddies eyes closed tightly, hoping that richie would just hang up. maybe he would believe it, think that eddie got a new number, and leave it alone.

"eddie i'm not stupid. why aren't you answering my calls?" eddie sighed. he stayed silent, thinking about what to say next.

"i've been busy." that was it. eddie knew it sounded bad. but he didn't know what else to say.

"oh you've been busy? really? i was busy for three months on a fucking tour, but i made time for you."

"look richie it was great talking to you but i have to go." eddie pulled the phone away from his ear, ready to hang it up.

"eddie, eddie do not hang up. don't you dare. eddie? dude ple-"

the call ended. eddie dropped his phone on the ground and tried to catch his breath. he was shaking. he couldn't tell if it was nervous shaking or shaking because he felt guilty. whatever it was, he hated it.

and then eddie was crying. he didn't want to do this, he didn't want to be away from richie. he hated the fact that he had to distance himself. but he didn't really have a choice. richie was in another country, on the other side of the world. they couldn't make this work. he couldn't be away from richie for the next six months and still keep a relationship. long distance wasn't his thing.

eddie had tried to explain that to richie. richie told him that they'd make it work. but eddie couldn't do that to himself, and he couldn't do that with richie. they were both too busy with their own lives. too busy for a relationship in general, but long distance?

forget it.