Chapter 3 : Long Way 2 Go

The hospital was hesitant on letting Y/N out so fast but after assurance from Hannibal , they discharged her .

Hannibal and Will took Y/N to their house . On entering the house , the 8 dogs came running and before Will could stop them , they all jumped on Y/N , licking and sniffing her . She actually loved those furry animals . She knew that they were dogs and that they are friendly .

She giggled as the dogs surrounded her .

" Boys , let her enter " ; Will playfully shoved the dogs away from her and led Y/N to the couch where the dogs again surrounded her .

" Well , atleast the dogs love her " ; Will said as Hannibal went to the kitchen to cook something for Y/N .

" I would like to adopt her as our daughter " ; Hannibal said quickly . He was kinda afraid of Will's reaction after what happened with Abigail . They were still grieving but Y/N needed help .

Will stilled .

" Okay " ; he replied after one minute .

Hannibal sighed in relief . " Thank you "

Will knew what Hannibal was thinking and Hannibal knew what Will was thinking . If Abigail had been alive , would they have taken in Y/N ?

" what are you making for her ? " ; Will asked .

" Soup . She won't be able to swallow anything solid for a few weeks and we need to slowly build up her appetite " ; Hannibal replied as he stirred the pot .

" It must kill you , huh ? Making something as simple and uncomplicated as soup ? " ; Will smirked at his husband .

Hannibal loved cooking complex stuff and with his cannibalism habits , everything was complicated . Hannibal huffed but refused to give into Will's words .

Will walked back to the living room and saw Y/N rubbing her hands over the samoyed's fur . She was in awe . She had never seen so many dogs altogether . The dogs immediately became protective of Y/N . To them she was little because she was just 5'2 due to not eating .

Will had no idea how to communicate with Y/N due to her not understanding anything . He sat beside her moving away a few of the dogs .

Y/N looked at Will and smiled . Will smiled back at his daughter . She reminded him of Abigail a lot . The same hair colour , the same smile . He ordered some colour books , alphabet and number books off of amazon .

To him this was like taking care of an infant in a teenager's body . Thank goodness , at least she was not socially isolated . So she had human contact outside her house .

Hannibal walked in with the bowl of soup and placed it on the table . The dogs sniffed it to confirm if it was edible and then Winston barked , indicating that it was good .

Will picked up the soup bowl and held up the spoon filled with the soup in front of Y/N . She hesitantly took a bite . After analyzing the taste for a few seconds , she eagerly reached forward for another bite . This indicated that she liked the taste .

Will fed her the soup till almost all of it was gone . She backed away when she was done .

Hannibal handed her another notepad and asked her to write .

She wrote down words and sentences that she knew .

Food , good , bad , dog , Yes , No , sorry , eat , kill .

I will be good . I am a good girl .

Both husbands went over the list .

" Food ? " ; Hannibal asked .

Y/N drew a square and circles on the square . That was bread . She then drew a glass . That was water . Bread and water was all she had for 14 years .

But what concerned Hannibal were the circles on the bread . Bread did not have circles . He took the pencil from her and coloured the circles black . Y/N nodded .

" They had been feeding her molded bread " ; Hannibal sighed . The anger in him was rising .

Y/N held out her hand for the pencil . Hannibal handed it back to her .

She then drew a thing that resembled a packet and a syringe . Drugs .

She put the things back and resumed petting the dogs .

Will and Hannibal's anger knew no bounds after that . They gave her so much drugs that she thought for it to be food . Withdrawal was going to hit them hard .

What they didn't know that Y/N had drugs with her in her bad in the form of a pen that she had gotten from her house when they had taken her there to pick up her things . she thought that it was normal for her to sniff drugs as a part of her meal .