12

****
"She is not talking, not eating, she is not saying anything to me," Kelvin explained worriedly to Nifemi.

It had been three days since the death of Kolawole Oladele's death. Dara went mute after running out of the hospital, she barely ate anything or said anything.

"She needs space Kelvin, she is in shock, she is trying to process it," Nifemi explained softly. "Why though? I thought she hated her family, her father epically?" Luis asked wondering why she was shaken like that.

"Why would you say that?! That's very insensitive!" Nifemi snapped annoyed, "I am sorry, I did not mean it in that manner. I will stop talking now," Luis backed off seeing Kelvin's sour expression.

"She needs a warm part and you taking off her, the burial is in four days and she is still mute. Her mom is behaving like an ashole but she will still attend the burial regardless."

"In that state, I do not think she can, Layo is on her way to the penthouse, she is also attending the funeral but I do not think Dara would be able to handle a child in her state."

"But she has to regardless, she is the only granddaughter he has and the media is going to be watching like prey. Dara has to prepare herself and hold herself together mentally to make sure the funeral goes well."

Dara's foot padded on the floor as she stood toward the living room, she looked around surprised that her friends were all sitting around in the sitting, she paused before continuing on her journey to the kitchen.

She opened the fridge and ignored the three pairs of her eyes on her back. She hummed and pulled out a load of ice cream, she started thinking down with a plastic spoon. Kelvin frowned and stood before slowly and cautiously making his toward Dara who continued eating as if they did not exist.

"Hey," he uttered slowly touching her arm, she glanced at the hand he was touching and pulled her hand away. "Are you alright?" he said although pained that she had rejected his touch.

"What are you people doing here?" she asked pointing the spoon at all of them. They all looked away feeling some sort of way, she was still dressed in the gown she was wearing three days ago.

Kelvin tried to talk her into changing it boy she refused vehemently and then locked himself up in the guest room she was staying in and only came out when she was sure that he was not around.

"Dara, we heard what happened, we are sorry for your loss," Nifemi said softly pity in her eyes. "I do not need your pity I hated him anyways," Dara said nonchalantly, She continued scoopping the ice cream and taking it.

"Dara we understand that you and your father did not get along, your family in general but it doesn't mean that you are not allow to grieve him, he is your father regardless," Kelvin placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I am tired, I will go for a quick seim," he frowned as he watched walk away, she was still in her dresses so taking a swim was not what he would advice.

"What do we do?" he asked looking around the room.
****
The funeral day came and Dara woke up quite early, she took a long warm shower, the first time in eight days, she had taking out a black mid length dress, pop socks and a black hat, paired it with a sick black marching stilettos, and a black bag.

Layo arrived in the pent house five days before buy she had barely seem her mother who was in a zombie like state, she moved around the room wearing her clothes, she added lipgloss and mascara, she took her charger, her phone and her purse and walked out of the room.

Nifemi walked right into the tv coincidentally, "hey, Dara, I was just going to your room and wake you up," she said surprised, Dara pulled Layo from her and smiled.