13

****
The lawyers stopped looking around the room, it was dead silent, everyone trying to process what they just heard. Shade's eyes went to Temi who was wondering what was happening. It felt like he was in a bad dream, this must be a nightmare.

"Is this a joke?" Shade was forced to ask, what sort of bullshit is this? He is leaving everything to Dara and Layo, he did not mention them, not one car, or one house or any share, or rare art or jewels? They were left with nothing, nothing at all.

"It must be! This must be a silly joke! A prank ever!" Temi said rising from the couch, "I am not sure what you mean Mr Oladele but all I have read is true and you were a witness to it," his jaw dropped and he wondered what the lawyer was on about.

"Now I know you are lying! I would never sign a will like this! That is bullshit!" he shouted, "you can see for yourself," the lawyer pushed the will toward him, his eyes scanned over the document and his mouth thing open.

"I... I Don't remember signing this?!" he said defensively, "yes you do, you brought the idea remember, you wanted to use this will as a ploy to bring your sister home, you were there when I filed it in the court registry," he said but he shook his head not wanting to believe that his father would play him like that.

"This wasn't supposed to be used, I brought up this idea and he said he would just change it when Dara and Layo are back home, he asked me to sign another one just three weeks ago!"

The lawyer shrugged, "the will was informed and riddled with mistakes, I could not submit it, before I could call you and Senator Oladele back he became deceased so this is the legal docent the courts recognise."

Temi panted and looked around, he was visibly shaking.  He had been tricked! How could he have underestimated that bastard? Of course, the excuse of being riddled with mistakes was a lie, they all knew this will was the one.

"He didn't leave us anything! That outrageous! We are his children too!" Shade said angrily, she glared at the lawyer angrily. He was in on it too, the way he smirked at them asked he was happy that they got nothing. She knew she was right when she never liked or trusted the man, he was a loyal dog to her father.

"Oh he left you this, I am sorry forget, this is your special gift," he pulled out a white envelope and removed the piece of paper in it. They watched it in curiosity wondering what it was.

"It is a letter addressing you both, please take a sit Mr and Miss Oladele," he said expressionlessly. Shade wanted to open her mouth and tell him off but Temi held her hand to stop him from saying anything, she went back to sit begrudgingly.

"Dear Folashade and Temitope, I have raised you for thirty-four years and twenty-nine years respectively and it is disappointing to say that I have wasted my time, was red my money as energy on people like you. Thieves like you, I know you must be going feral now wondering why I did not give you a dime of my money, that is because you are thieves, you are conniving thieves. You tried to push Dara into your wicked ways but she ran for the heels seeing your plans.

I gave you the best education money could afford and made sure you were well-fed and clothed, I admit that I was not the best person but you were so greedy that you pretended and tried to manipulate your mother and I, so you could continue perpetrating these awful actions. I am the chairman of Oladele and co, I know how things are going even if I am not there. I trusted you two and you did everything to destroy me, I hope you enjoy your life without any luxury that I have afforded you.

Your father loves you regardless of your utter stupidity."

Shade could not move, her head was trained on the ground, he knew, he knew everything and said nothing. They thought they were being smart but of course, how could you outsmart a fox like her father? She felt her throat clog up, she felt like she was going to throw up if the dream does not happen.