14

****
"Hey, are you alright?" Kelvin asked again looking around the room, Dara nodded expressionlessly, watching people murmur as they threw her siblings out of the house. She could not help but wonder what this drama is for, she did not believe that her father gave her everything he had from the abundance of his heart.

He wanted them against her, that was the last chance he had to destroy his family, he clamoured for unity while doing everything to separate them. Her mother sat there trying to make sure she did not welcome her back into society.

She would live in luxury she did not work for while the poll that worked side by side with her sick parents was being kicked out for wanting revenge after being screwed by multiple times. She was them she would be angry too, rightfully.

During the whole speech, he wrote, she realised how narcissistic and truly toxic her parents were. She would be the palatable heir that would labour and continue his bloodshed labour.

Shade and Temi stood on the opposite side of the room while the guest murmured about what was going on, Maria was publicly throwing them out to show that they were traitors.

Dara strolled toward them, Temi raised his eyebrows seeing his sister he barely interacted with. Was she here to laugh in their face after being surewed over? Was she here to tell them that she won regardless of how much work and effort they put into their plans?

"You people can stay in one of daddy's apartments, I am sure you have friends that could help you with jobs, you could sell your luxury bags and items, they are worth a lot of money. It will help you back on your feet," she would not make the mistake her father made by watching silently and indirectly participating in the screwing over of her siblings.

"Why are you here Darasimi?" Shade did not bother to hide her contempt for her sister, site and jealousy clouded her expression. Data shrugged, "I honestly don't know too, I cannot just allow daddy to win, I can't believe I cried for that asshole," she muttered the last back shaking her head. She looked back at the both of them, "you know a lot of daddy's property, there are houses and hotels he tied to in Lagos, pick one and stay there for the time being."

"No thank you we do not need handouts!" Shade snapped, "who's we?" Temi asked sarcastically. Shade's mouth thing open, and she was surprised by what Temi just said, "what do you mean who are we? Are you going to take her offer? We all know she plays good sarma titian here!" Shade fired back at her brother.

Temi shrugged, "I do care Shade, I have been through a lot for one day, spent all my money on the best funeral for the asshole that I will take any help at this point."

"What? How could you say that? Dara robbed us of our entitlement! Everything happened because of her!" she snapped at him, "I do not know whether you are forgetting that our father gave the property, she did not steal it." Temi pointed out that making Shade more agitated.

"If she was not found regardless of what we did the money would still go to us! After playing giant look at where it has landed us!"

"Instead of blaming someone trying to help us Shade just accept it and keep your mouth shut!" he snapped angrily.

"No thanks! I do not take handouts from people who do not deserve their wealth!" she spat bitterly and walked away. Dara turned to Temi who shrugged, "shall we?" Dara nodded.

****
"Why did you do that?" Kelvin glanced at her, "do what?" she asked, her eyes on the road, "why did you give Temi access to your property after your father wanted to cut them off?"

The car went silent for a while, only Layo's deep breathing could be heard, Dara turned to stare at him, "my father is a disgusting man. I know they stole from him and he is well within his right to be angry but leaving them nothing and throwing them out in the street is too much. Even before I was kicked out, Temi was already working his ass off and trying to prove that he was a good heir. He has no life, Kelvin, he tried everything to impress my father and I am telling you, the unpaid labour Temi has done is worth more than one million dollars."