Making Lunch

*The Next Day*

I made Father breakfast and waited for him to go to Borg Industries. I still don't understand why Cryptor wanted to make a few hundred bucks when we were very rich. Maybe he wanted to show Father that he is capable of being independent and earn money himself. It didn't go as planned though.

After Father left I started making lunch for Cryptor. I was great at cooking and I have never met anybody who was better than me.

I started off by gathering all the ingredients. Homemade noodles, 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce,1/4 cup of chicken stock,1 tablespoon hoisin, black pepper, 6-8 cups of thinly sliced veg.

I boiled the noodles in unsalted water. I then poured them into a colander and rinsed them with cold water until they're entirely cool. I shaked the colander with fury to get the excess water out. Next, I applied a little oil to them. I put them aside for later.

In a wok, I heated a couple tablespoons of oil over high heat until it started to smoke. Then I added the vegetables. I started stirring it around as it cooked for a few minutes. They were brown slightly and became a little tender. Once they're done, I dumped them out on a plate and put them aside.

I left a pan on high heat and added more oil. I let it come back up to smoking, and then poured in the cold noodles. I mixed these around and let them warm back up and get a little color. Once they were warm and slightly browned in spots, I added the vegetables then poured over the sauce. I mixed it and turned off the heat.

After the chow mein was all done. I packed it and moved on to my next dish, kung pao chicken to go with the chow mein.

I first took out all the ingredients. Boneless skinless chicken breast, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, granulated sugar, toasted sesame oil, red & green bell peppers, green onions, cashews, dried red chili peppers, and fresh garlic & ginger.

I made the Kung Pao sauce by mixing the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a bowl.

I cutted the boneless, skinless chicken breast into uniform strips. Then, I tossed it in a little soy sauce and cornstarch to coat it.

I cooked the chicken until it was crispy! I stirred the chicken pieces in sesame oil until they're cooked through and gorgeously crispy.

I stir-fried the bell peppers until they were a little soft. Then I added the scallions, cashews, ginger, garlic, and dried chili peppers. I stir-fried all of that for a minute or two, and then stirred in the Kung Pao sauce and cooked chicken.

I let all of the flavors meld over the heat for a few more minutes. The Kung Pao sauce thickened slightly and really coated the veggies and chicken.

After the kung pao chicken was made I packed that as well. I was ready to give this to Cryptor. I hope he likes it.

518 words

I actually enjoy eating Kung Pao Chicken and Chow Mein at Panda Express. It is so good! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you in the next one! Bye!