Spending Time Together

First, we had to clean up everything before spending more time together and of course cooking. I picked up all the ingredients and gave it to the person that Cryptor told me to. I folded my table and gave it to the person that let us borrow it. I thanked them as well.

Since I was done before Zane I decided to help as well. He was almost done cleaning up his ingredients so I decided to help him fold his table.

"Thank you," Zane said.

"You are welcome," I said, smiling.

Once we were done cleaning up we decided to make dinner in the cafeteria because that was the only place we could make the dinner.

Zane helped me find my way in the kitchen and show me where everything was placed.

"So, what do you want for dinner?" Zane asked.

"Father really wanted some rice, chicken, and salad, so we could make that," I said.

"Sounds good, just wait and watch," Zane said.

He immediately started cooking and I really wanted to cook as well.

"May I help you?" I asked.

"Sure, why don't you make the salad," Zane said.

I started to get the ingredients which were 6 medium red potatoes, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces, 2 garlic cloves, minced, 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 3 to 4 plum tomatoes, quartered, 1/3 cup olive oil, 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped, 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and halved, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

The 2 garlic cloves were next to the rice and while I was going to grab those, Zane's hand brushed mine. I looked at him, but he didn't seem to notice. I felt a weird feeling in my stomach and I felt myself blushing.

The chopped red onion was next to the chicken and I didn't want our hands to brush again because that would be embarrassing.

I went to grab the onions when Zane's hand brushed on mine again, but this time I thought Zane would feel it because this time our touch was felt-worthy. But, he still didn't feel it. Maybe he was doing this on purpose. I smiled as I stared at him.

"Going to make the salad or not?" Zane asked, smiling.

"Oh-uh, yeah, yeah, of course, I will get started on that right away," I said, rushing to make the salad.

That was so embarrassing!

I quickly made the salad and apparently Zane was already done with making the rice and the chicken. This was even more embarrassing!

I quickly made the salad and Zane packed the food for my Father and I.

"Thank you for helping me make dinner," I said, smiling.

"You're welcome, I would love to do this more," Zane said.

"I agree, but for now I have to go. Thank you, again!" I said, walking out.

I loved spending time with him. Now I have to go home and make sure that Father doesn't ask so many questions. I took my trophy and hopped onto my motorcycle. I drove all the way to my house and walked in carefully.

Thank the FSM that he hasn't come home yet. I quickly put my trophy in my collection of trophies. I started to unpack the food and put it in plates so Father wouldn't know that I cooked it anywhere else.

As I was trying to do that Father came in and I quickly made sure there was no proof of me making the food elsewhere. If Father found out then he would ask question over question.

"I made dinner," I said.

"Awesome! I will come join you after washing my hands," Father said.

As he left I put the plates on the table and tasted the salad that I made. It was ok, probably because I rushed it. But, Zane's rice and chicken tasted the best! It was so good! Father came in and I hope he doesn't notice that I didn't cook the chicken and rice.

When he ate the chicken and the rice he had a confused look on his face, but he didn't really seem to care. Once we both were done eating I washed the dishes. As I was washing the dishes I had a thought. Why is Zane even in jail? He is like the nicest guy. I really wanted to know so tomorrow I will ask him.

747 words

Once again the link above does not work so here is the music for all the chapters and the art is not mine, but it is meant to be Zane in the story without red eyes

Once again the link above does not work so here is the music for all the chapters and the art is not mine, but it is meant to be Zane in the story without red eyes. I hope you enjoyed and I will see you in the next chapter! Thanks!