ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Wyatt and I had just stepped out of the building when an explosion was heard. A series of smaller explosions going off immediately after.

With a single glance to the other, we made a split decision.

Wyatt advanced, heading towards the area where the explosion had gone off while I turned around, making a beeline for Raven.

If anything happened to her- fuck, I don't even know what I'd do.

A string of curses left my lips when I reached the bar and realized the front door was unlocked. With my gun pointed ahead of me, I walked in, making sure the coast was clear before heading to the back.

I checked to make sure there was no one waiting by the stairs then ran up, kicking the door to the apartment open.

Four pairs of eyes and one gun turned to me.

Griffin lowered the gun as I lowered mine, his eyes returning to the window he was staring out of. He pressed himself back against the wall and continued watching for enemy fire.

Miles and the pierced guy from earlier were crouched down by the end of the couch opposite Griffin, their hands wrapped around the other.

"Where's-"

"Xav?"

Confusion swirled through my head when Olive's voice interrupted me but I couldn't see her anywhere.

Her voice came again. "Miles, Kai, let go. I can't breathe"

My eyes were drawn to the two men who were being forced apart, my gorgeous woman emerging from between them.

A smile played on my lips as she walked up to me. I was about to say something when she placed a finger over my lips.

"They were being paranoid," She took her finger off my lips, turning to glare at Miles and Kai. "And annoying."

"You say that, like it wasn't blondie over here who told us to protect you." Kai scoffed.

"Griffin." Griffin corrected. "And there are several ways you two could've done that without smothering her."

Miles tried to stop Kai from arguing with Griffin while my attention returned to my girl. I cupped her face with my right hand, tilting her head to me.

"You okay?" I asked, my eyes searching hers.

"Yeah. As soon as the explosion went off, I took cover."

A relieved sigh escaped me. As much as I knew none of the men here would have let anything happen to her, hearing it come from her gave me the reassurance I desperately needed.

"Good girl,"

"Where's Wyatt?" Miles asked, noticing his absence.

"Checking out the explosion,"

"What if the explosion was meant to draw you guys out and your rivals are waiting there for him?" Kai asked.

"He knows?" I asked, my head turning to Griffin.

"Apparently, we didn't do a good job of hiding our guns earlier"

"He has a point though" The sound of Olive's voice brought my gaze back to hers. "What if there's a lot of them waiting? Wyatt's only one person"

"One crazy person" I chuckled. "Trust me princess, as long as there aren't any commanders, he'll be fine"

"Something tells me she'll love seeing him in action" Griffin chuckled.