ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6

A/N: So Zayn makes his first appearance and for the sake of my sanity (and laziness), let's pretend his nickname for Olive from the start was 'Dimples', kay? (tf was I thinking with bunny?). I'll change it in the first book later when I'm rewriting and editing and stuff.

Tw: violence

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

"I'm sorry,"

"Small fry, for the last time, you have nothing to be sorry about," Griffin told me.

"Injuries and physical trauma can lead to PTSD, which in turn could cause temporary memory loss. That's how some people cope with traumatic events and you happen to be one of them," Miles explained. "It's completely normal,"

"Come to think of it, you really haven't said anything about that night since you came here," Kai spoke up.

"She hasn't said anything about it since that night. Even while it was just us two in L.A," Miles clarified.

Griffin was the next to speak. "Is there anything else you remember about that night, Olive? Anything helps, no matter how insignificant you may think it is,"

All eyes turned to me. My eyebrows furrowed in the middle of my head as I tried to recall what happened that night.

The day I had lost my mother. My birthday.

The day played in my head, some parts of it still fuzzy. Despite that, I said everything I could remember.

"A masked figure held my mum hostage. Had a gun to her head,"

I watched as Miles handed Griffin a pen and a notebook. Griffin quietly jotted down what I was saying while Miles and Kai turned to me, waiting for me to continue.

"I had seen him somewhere before that; he was at the alliance ball a few weeks earlier. Imani referred to him as Leone Farr? Or something I don't remember."

"Xavier's grandma," Miles explained to Kai, noticing the confusion at the mention of the Imani.

"He called himself my dad but mum and I denied it. Hedeon Ivanov walked into the room a few minutes later, introducing the masked figure as the reaper,"

"He said mum had been keeping a secret from me and handed me a framed photo," My voice shook as the events that happened soon after flooded my mind.

"You okay to keep going, small fry? We can stop here if you want, you've already done more than enough,"

"I'm fine," I assured Griffin.

"Let us know if you can't anymore, okay?" Miles said.

I nodded and continued the conversation. "It was a photo of my mum and dad when they were younger. A man I had never seen before was with them. Their names were behind it but I don't remember the man's."

"Do you mind if I ask a question?" I nodded and turned to Griffin. "You said your parent's names were on the picture as well? Do you remember exactly what was written?"

I nodded again. "Felix Laurent and Elaine Adair. Adair was my mother's maiden name,"

Griffin quickly wrote that down like he'd been doing since I had started talking. "Thank you, if you're okay to, you could continue,"

I let out a deep breath, tears blurring my eyes as I turned to Miles and Griffin. "You guys and Xavier arrived, I think. Hedeon told the reaper and the reaper shot my mum."