Prologue

A/N: Welcome to the second part of Will Evan's adventures. This is a sequel to New, so if you haven't read that, you probably should or then not much of this story will make sense. Enjoy! :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I made a huge mistake," Will sobbed, crumbling into Liv's arms.

"Oh my god, Will, what happened?" Liv asked in a panic, trying to keep both her and the crying mess in her arms upright.

"I've fucked everything up," he managed to croak out through his sobs. Liv nodded before leading them inside from the storm that was raining down outside. She walked the both of them through the house and into her bedroom, placing her crying friend on her desk chair so that she could fetch a towel to dry him.

Once she returned, she covered the shivering teen and led them to sit on her bed. "Just walk me through what happened?"

Will shook his head, no. He couldn't bring himself to talk about what had gone on. Saying it out loud would make it all too real for him. He didn't want to admit to the stupid things he had done. Oh so stupid things.

Liv sighed. "C'mon, if you don't tell me, I can't help you," she reasoned. "Don't be stubborn with me."

Will took a shaky breath, knowing that his best friend was right. Of course she was, Liv is always right. Mostly. He took another deep breath in to steel himself and his emotions. And started to tell Liv what had happened. 

He told her every last detail, from going all the way with Ryan to moaning out the wrong name in bed – why did he have to call out Oliver's name? This all wouldn't have happened if he'd just said Ryan – to the ensuing fight with Ryan about what he'd said.Will told her how Ryan wanted to break up, just end it all and not even try and work things out. The fighting and the crying for hours and hours before he finally left, leaving for Oliver's place to take the blame out on him. 

And then...

"You slept with Oliver?" Liv asked in shocked. She needed for Will to repeat it because she was sure she'd gone crazy and heard it wrong.

"Yes, I slept with him," he repeated, his voice hitching as he held back his tears.

"Like, all the way, proper sex?" she questioned. 

This was absolutely nuts.

"Yes," was all Will could say before breaking out into tears, again. Liv sighed, whispering to him that it would all be alright and rubbing his back as she held him to comfort him. 

Did she think it would actually be alright? No, but it's all she could really think to say at that point.

Once Will had calmed down a bit, he turned to his friend and asked, "What should I do now?"

"Maybe you should go see Ryan and apologise, possibly even talk things out?" she suggested. She knew it was a long shot, and that if it backfired, she'd have to take the blame, but she knew how much Ryan cared about her best friend. She might not have particularly liked him, or would even piss on him if he were on fire, but she couldn't deny that Will and Ryan were a good match. She just hoped that Ryan was willing to talk it out.

"You don't think it's too soon?" he questioned.

"You know, it might be," she replied honestly. "But the sooner you apologise and hopefully work it out, the sooner the two of you might get back together. And if it doesn't work out, you'll know and can start moving on."

Will milled her words over in his head, deciding on what he should do.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And that's how he ended up at Ryan's door the next morning, having spent all the previous day working out what he would say, and what Ryan might say, and what he'd say to what Ryan might say.

He looked at the door, memories flashing back of not even two days earlier when he stood in the same spot, crying his eyes out and begging to be let back in.

He shook his head, trying to shake off the memory, as well as his welling emotions. He didn't need to be crying again. He took in a deep breath, building up the nerve, before raising his fist and knocking on the door.

He waited patiently before he heard someone racing down the hallway.

"I've got it, just stay in bed, babe!" he heard the person call out. Someone who didn't sound like anyone Will knew. Definitely not Ryan.

As the door swung open, Will saw that it definitely wasn't Ryan, at all. In fact, it was a petite brunette in her underwear and a t-shirt of Ryan's that Will had always liked, looking at him as if she wanted to rip his throat out with her perfectly manicured nails.

Mia.

Ryan's ex-girlfriend.

Oh...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Hope you liked it, tell me what you think! :)

(Vote/Comment/Follow)