Chapter 2 - Ecstasy

"Oh hi, Will," Oliver said as he looked at the boy standing on his doorstep. The caution was thick in his voice. What Will was he going to get today? Will's attitude changed so often, Oliver was sure he'd get whiplash one day trying to keep up.

"I, uh, I don't know why I'm here. I was walking and I just kept thinking something over and over and over and over. I just kept thinking about it and I just walked. And I ended up here," Will rambled, a far off look in his eye as if he wasn't really all that present, lost in the fog of his own mind.

"What were you thinking about?" the blonde asked, curious by what the other meant. Whatever it was was eating Will up.

"Get you out of my system," Will stated simply, making eye contact with Oliver.

A sizzle ran down Oliver's spine at the intensity of Will's gaze. The tingling heat spread through his body and he shivered in delight.

Oliver took a step closer to Will, standing toe to toe with him. "And how are you going to do that?" he questioned, not once breaking eye contact. He wasn't sure what was happening or why he was reacting to Will in this way, but he sure as hell enjoyed it.

"I don't know," Will said with a shrug, unfazed by Oliver getting close to him.

"How about I help you out?" Oliver propositioned as he placed his hands on Will's cheeks and pulled him in, taking his lips with his own. The sizzling heat running through Oliver's body exploded into a ferocious blaze, emanating from the inferno at his lips.

He was in ecstasy.

Up at Commodore Point, the passion he had felt had overwhelmed him. He ran off, scared at how much he had enjoyed the short kiss. Never had he felt like that. Never had he felt like that since. That flash he had felt that night had been haunting him ever since. Every time he'd seen Will, the memories of it would take over, taunting him with it and saying he'd never feel it again. But here he was now, with Will pressed up against him, their lips locked in a burning battle. And he felt satisfied. Well, more than satisfied, way more than satisfied. He was in heaven right now.

He didn't know long he stood there, locking lips with Will. The sizzle had him in a trance. But he didn't care. Just as long as this feeling could last forever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I don't think that's what he meant by 'get him out of your system,'" Will thought to himself out loud, rolling off of Oliver onto the other side of the bed. He felt sweaty and sticky and gross but his body was too tired to move.

"Who?" Oliver asked as he wiped himself off with his discarded t-shirt. It had needed a clean anyway. He offered it to Will but he paid it no mind.

"Ryan," Will answered simply, lost yet again in the fog of his mind.

"You talked to Ryan?" Oliver asked as he balled up the t-shirt and tossed it across the room, landing neatly into his laundry hamper. Will nodded beside him, not saying anything else. "So, what happened?" he pressed, lying next to Will and pulling him into his side.

Will sighed, wrapping an arm across Oliver's stomach. He was feeling a lot more comfortable right now than he should be. He should be running away from this blonde but here he was, naked and cuddling with him.

Will shook that from his mind, trying to focus on what Oliver had asked him. "Basically, Ryan was all hopped up on pain meds so he was all like, spaced out and mellow. I apologised to him and he told me how he felt. I asked if me and him could ever get back together and he just told me to go get you out of my system before we could even consider it. We hugged and I left," he recounted simply, tracing light patterns into Oliver's skin as he talked.

"So what, you came over to fuck me and then go back to him?" Oliver asked as calmly as he could, suppressing the bubbling anger he felt building up. He felt hurt and kinda used. And scared of losing that fire he only just got back.

"No, no, no," Will reassured, turning his head up to look at Oliver and trying to convey that he wasn't using him. Will wasn't the type to do that. "That was what I was thinking about the entire way here. How am I going to get you out of my system? I thought about it and I realised that you were always a 'what if?' for me," Will admitted aloud. He looked away feeling a little embarrassed by his admission.

"How am I a 'what if?' for you?" Oliver asked, hand under Will's chin to tip his head up to look back at him.

Will sighed. He didn't really want to have this conversation right now and he was kicking himself for ever bringing it up. He blamed the post-sex haze. "I would always think back to Commodore Point and wonder what if you hadn't left. What if you had stayed with me and let that kiss last longer? What would have happened? Would I still have ended up with Ryan? Would I have started dating you? Would we have broken up already if we had started dating? Those things swirled around my head all the time and it was toxic for me. It was toxic to my relationship with Ryan," he explained, eyes closed as he expressed what he had thought. "So I came here to see if I could settle the 'what if?'" Will added, opening his eyes to look at Oliver.

He could see the wheels turning in Oliver's head as he thought over what was just said. He started to trace patterns on Oliver's skin again as he waited.

Oliver closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "I've felt the exact same way," he admitted, opening his eyes and making eye contact with the brunette. He kind of missed the red hair. He stroked Will's hair, noting how soft it was. Will closed his eyes and savoured in the pleasure of someone stroking his hair.

"So what happens now?" the blonde asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm not really sure," Will answered truthfully. His mind was all over the place. The bull had been let out in the china shop and now he had to go around and piece it all back together again, a shard at a time. He didn't need another bull charging into the place right now. Even if he sort of wanted the bull there. Ok, this analogy was getting weird and Will was getting himself confused.

"Did you, um, wanna date?" Oliver asked, curious as to where Will stood on that. Was he ready to date Will? He wasn't really sure.

"I can't right now. It's way too early for me to do that," Will said honestly. "But we can work towards it if that's what you wanted to."

Oliver nodded. "Yeah, I want to," he said with a grin growing on his face. Will smiled back before leaning up to give him a quick peck on the lips. But as Will pulled away, Oliver pulled him back to deepen the kiss. Will happily complied, enjoying the moment.

Just enjoy it for now, Will.